What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Going to Borneo

I just bought my plane ticket to Kuching for the 2007 Sarawak Nepenthes Summit. Who else here is going?

I’m really looking forward to this and meeting some of you guys.

See you later,
-Jeremiah-

Awsome! What an opportunity! I know you'll take a lot of great pics. Your pics are always good. How long will you be there?

dude, ive been WANTING to go to borneo. i did a proj on the Iban tribe for my anthropology project. I interviewed a couple of tribesmen about their tattoos. it was pretty cool. borneo is beautiful. dont forget to bring sunblock and some sort of mosquito repellent

Yes, I am very jealous. What a great experience. Can't wait to hear about it.

xvart.

Jeremiah, if yah dont mind my asking how much is the trip going to cost, ball park figure travel, cost of the tour ect,.i am assuming your flying out of Denver(if not which airport)

Hmmm . . . are we about to see some rifles on eBay? Oops, it won't list them.

actually Bruce, ive got my rifle collection weeded down as far as it will go comfortably.......always looking for things to do in the future......Borneo would be an interesting trip plus given Jeremiah's location its easy for me to figure out extra costs that i may have due to mine :grin: some ppl fly 300 miles....i drive 300+ miles to catch a flight :grin:

Some people drive from here to NYC to catch a flight. I'll take your 300 miles over that particular 120 miles any day.

hell i drove 100 miles this morning to go pick up the newspapers....due to the 4th being on a wednesday this year i had to drive 200 miles round trip to pick them up last week.......you can have your traffic over there........if i dont check to see where the truck or car govern's out at atleast once a month i go through withdrawls :grin:

Maybe we've hijacked the thread for long enough. Here's the summit's website - http://www.wildborneo.com.my/conference2007/. It's awfully slow to load and I don't know if it's them or me or something in between.

But one last thing about our traffic: a little while after I moved here from Maine, a friend was visiting from up there and we were driving somewhere a few miles away. Before we had gone even two miles, he asked if I realized how far we would be by the time time we were through so many traffic lights up there. In the direction I often went for work, the answer was more than 40 miles. And I probably would have seen the same number of cars. Unfortunately, they're trying to become more like here.

Back