Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm Engaged!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez. How'd I miss this? Congratulations! It sounds like a really special day. I hope the magic lasts forever. Honesty and respect will carry you a long ways.

Wooooooooohoooooooooo for you and your fiance!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Ryan + Sara
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow set me back a bit...won't be buying much CP's for a while haha

lol, I know how you feel ... 4 years of married life later and I'm still paying mine off
    CPsinSC
    Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol Someone should ask me to marry them. I'm cheap...I don't care about all that stuff. hehe Although I'd love to have a nice diamond as a mineral specimen, I couldn't imagine putting that kind of money into a ring...and all the other wedding hoopla.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Ryan + Sara
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol Someone should ask me to marry them. I'm cheap...I don't care about all that stuff. hehe Although I'd love to have a nice diamond as a mineral specimen, I couldn't imagine putting that kind of money into a ring...and all the other wedding hoopla.

The wedding, I can understand about .. we had a really nice wedding, but it wasn't something I had to pay for, lol

The ring, I think is worth going big on because it will actually be around your entire marriage. The wedding is just a single day that remains in your memory and in your $1000 photo album, lol.

I didn't go insane on the ring, but considering my income at the time I guess it was a little crazy.. 6 more months of payments and I own it!
    Now her wedding band, I think I may have done too much (she wanted the pretty one with diamonds in it, of course, lol).
    CPsinSC
    Grow List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its gorgeous! No doubt about it diamond rings are very beautiful. You have a beautifully faceted stone to carry around with you all the time. But...I could never ask/expect anyone to spend that kind of money on me (especially over a year or more). A memorable moment will last as long as a ring. I know I'm in the minority on that. I watched a coworker eat, sleep, breathe and STRESS "wedding" for over a year. I could not believe all of it--bridesmaids stuff, tuxes, caterers, DJs, picking music, who sits with whom, renting halls, hiring a minister, selecting vows, decorations, flowers...it was endless. Later she said she regretted it. lol But...to each his and her own. If you enjoy all that stuff...that's great. The joining of two hearts is always something to celebrate, no matter how you choose to do it. So I'm happy for Cprus.

BANNED
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice ring, I was lucky to find a girl who likes simple, small diamonds. So I just picked out the best princess cut diamond I could find within my range and there it is. It actually isn't so bad now that see your 3 diamond set...yikes, that's a whole lot of CP's right there... I'd say it's a good price to pay though.

Thanks everyone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12