Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what should i get

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An easy solution to catching the fruit flys, Get as many CPs as you possibly can. While you might go broke, you will still have an awesome collection.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by meatslim View Post
    during the winter, humidity actually drops down to 0% in my room. its 30-50% during the summer.
    If your room really gets to near zero in the winter, you may want to think about getting a room humidifier anyways. You'll sleep better, your nose wont dry out, and you won't wake with those weird sore throats from the air. Those seem to boost my room back to the 30 - 40% range, maybe even more. Plus you'll feel warmer yourself since humid air feels warmer than dry air.

Nate
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    You might want to buy a hygrometer at a pet or fish shop to test your humidity. They aren't too expensive and you might be surprised to find your room is not 0. There are ways to raise the humidity.

I have some of my CPs in tanks and they do catch a few bugs. But the ones out of the tanks catch more.
    nope, i actually do have hydrometers, several in fact. i have them outside my tanks because i had a lot left over from shrinking my reptile collection. my room actually is 0 in teh winter. the digital reading goes down to 1% and then --%.

edit: yea its pretty ridiculous. i actually get nosebleeds in teh winter so i probably should get a humidifier anyway
    Last edited by meatslim; 07-17-2007 at 01:04 PM. Reason: see above

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    use good sized trays that hold alot of water, and you can grow mexi pings and low growing sundews just fine without a terrarium........i do know of what i speak. our winters have very low humidity, couple that with central air and my house readily sees humidity into the single digits. atleast the old house did. i was growing N. 'Ventrata' in 20 percent humidity without a tray and getting good pitchers(its a freaking weed) after an acclimation period. low humidity means there are certain sundews, Heli's, most Neps and a few other things that you cant grow outside of a terrarium. however Pings and low growing sundews have enough localized humidity that they will grow like mad if given enough light. also Fruit flies easily find dews and pings situated on a shelf below the frog tanks...........thats where most of mine are now. works very well, not all the fruitflies are captured but they seem to like the smell that is put of by the dews especially and tend to hang around their pots till i guess either they starve or get captured. i never see fruit flies outside of my frog/plant room anyways
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12