Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Only in America....

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only in America....

I saw this at another non-cp forum I go to and thought it was funny.

1. Only in America .....can a pizza get to your house faster than an ambulance.

2. Only in America .....are there handicap parking places in front of a skating rink.

3. Only in America .....do drugstores make the sick walk all the way to the back of the store to get their prescriptions while healthy people can buy cigarettes at the front.

4. Only in America .....do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke. (GUILTY)

5. Only in America .....do banks leave both doors open and then chain the pens to the counters.

6. Only in America .....do we leave cars worth thousands of dollars in the driveway and put our useless junk in the garage.

7. Only in America .....do we use answering machines to screen calls and then have call waiting so we won't miss a call from someone we didn't want to talk to in the first place.

8. Only in America .....do we buy hot dogs in packages of ten and buns in packages of eight.

9. Only in America .....do we use the word 'politics' to describe the process so well: 'Poli' in Latin meaning 'many' and 'tics' meaning 'bloodsucking creatures'

10. Only in America .....do they have drive-up ATM's with Braille lettering.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    4. Only in America .....do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke. (GUILTY)
    Mmm... reminds me it's almost lunch time.
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well what if the handi caped want to watch their brother play hockey or skate around the rink, or something silly like that?

The Obsessive Gardener pedersonplants's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't knock where handicapped parking spaces are. I have one of those tags. NOW people can see a handicap. They couldn't see it when it was "JUST" fibro. With a walker, people understand.

People are way too quick to judge who belongs in a handicapped parking space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We got SERVED. I guess I didnt think of that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    *Cough cough* You weren't supposed to over-think that Cody...

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do people order double cheeseburgers, large fries, and a diet coke.
    I've seen that statement before and it kinda irks me because I drink diet drinks because I prefer them to regular. They aren't as sweet. Ordering a diet drink isn't always because one is on a diet or trying to eliminate calories. I drink my iced tea without sugar and its almost impossible to find unsweetned tea in bottles. Its always soaked with corn syrup. UGH. Give up sugar in your tea for 2 weeks and you'll never go back.

Anyway...those are funny things. I just hate that diet drink statement because it assumes there is no other reason for ordering diet soda other than you're trying to save calories. (Not to mention the fact that there are about as many calories in a soda as a candy bar...so at least if you order a burger and fries, you ARE saving yourself quite a few calories with the diet drink. )
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man you people are think-y today lol. Have you tried Coke Zero? I like the new diet Coke Plus, too. It's sweetened with aspartame and acesulfame potassium and tastes way better (to me at least) than regular diet Coke that's just sweetened with aspartame.

Iced tea without sugar? My idea of iced tea is that it should be so sweet it's practically hummingbird food.

I tried unsweetened tea once. Tastes more like medicine than a drink. Blagh!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast