What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cool CA trip

droseraguy

Illinois
Well we made it back from cool Salinas, CA. While there I had the opportunity to visit a couple of guys philcula and vft guy in SJ. Holy smokes guys. I did manage to get off a couple pics before thinking that the wife might be upset if the digital camera is full of cp's rather than family. The pics though are not for posting here as they contain my image and that is not for this family friendly forum. Just wanted to say thanks for letting me stop by guys.

No plants croaked although it seems that I have a mouse in the basement that has a liking for cephalotus. Hopefully that *%#! will have a hankering for peanut butter on a mousetrap too.

Ori and Fryster will be getting their auction items this week too.

Awwww...why can't we see your pic?? Sheesh...if we can bear to see Ozzy's and Andrew's...we can take anything. :rolleyes: hehe

You got off lucky, though that's too bad about your cephs. Whenever I go on vacation, my plants all get afflicted with scorching temps and lack of water. :-( :headwall: I've even lost neps!

Droseraguy -- i HAD a problem with rodents.. but larger ones...
racoons (im in CA too closer to SF) ... they would shred open my sarracenias, dig stuff up -- talk about hearbreaking... i guess they were after their midnight snack - the bugs inside. i lost a cobras nest, and june bug to a coon attack and others in my collection were just plain shredded. i solved it by having the sarracenias in an enclosure w/ chicken wire. it was going to be either that or breed a drosera with a "gunnera manicata" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gunnera (which may take a while...)

i love your quote by the way!!!

Hi Chris

Glad to see you made it home safe and sound. It was a pleasure meeting and visiting with you and your son. Next time you need to stay more than 20 minutes though lol.

Cheers
Steve

ps. Could you send me a copy of the pics you took from my house? I would like to see how they came out.

Steve

I'll see what I can do. Computers and I have a love / hate relationship. I love to hate the stupid thing and it loves agrivating me.

Hey Steve ! I didn't forget about you and now have DSL so hopefully I'll get you those pics before Christmas. I'll try over the weekend to get em out to you.

Back