Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Global warming?

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Personally, I suspect global warming is actually caused by all the hotair emited by politicians and others in power when they try to convince us that we really need them in charge to tell us what to do.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

NICK,NICK,NICK!!!!! Indians....... likeAstone76's Avatar
    Kansas, on the plains with the tumbling tumble weeds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At one point in time, the most of the scientist agreed the earth was flat.

At one point in time, the most of the scientist agreed the earth was the center of the solar system.

At one point in time, doctors thought that if you were sick, you had bad blood. Then they would bleed people. Most of the times to the point of death.

It's what killed Houdini! (comic relief )

How many of the people that post on this forum are scientist? Does that mean the answers people post are complete rubbish?

I wouldn't argue that the earth is heating up. Our whole solar system is heating up. All the other planets are heating up to. But man has not caused it.

What happen at the end of the last ice age? The earth heated up and the ice melted right?
    What caused it? Was it man, politics, Osama Bin Laden?
    Here's to the first of the of the day fellas!! To old, D.H. Lawrence!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You cant come to the realization that global warming is maybe caused a little bit by human error? Does the earth just start to heat up randomly i mean what about all of the gass emission that is but into our atmosphere all the heat is then forced to stay in we are turning our planet into a giant greenhouse. Maybe youll be happy then save a few dollars and you wont need a greenhouse just but your plants out

--------------------
    No personally derogatory comments please. Discuss but don't attack for differences of opinions.
    Last edited by PlantAKiss; 08-09-2007 at 12:01 PM. Reason: Edited for derogatory comment
    Men often hate each other because they fear each other; they fear each other because they don't know each other; they don't know each other because they can not communicate; they can not communicate because they are separated.
    ~MLK

NICK,NICK,NICK!!!!! Indians....... likeAstone76's Avatar
    Kansas, on the plains with the tumbling tumble weeds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What caused the end of the last ice age?
    Here's to the first of the of the day fellas!! To old, D.H. Lawrence!!!!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wiki mentions undersea volcanic activity, increasing levels of water vapor in the atmosphere, and increasing co2 levels.

Britannica mentions the melting of ice from a fork in the upper Angerman River in northern Sweden.

I spent a grand total of 5 minutes researching, so I'm sure there are many theories on it.

In my opinion, the problem is that most people who don't believe in GW are republicans, and if you ask most republicans, they'll tell you the Earth is only 5-6 thousand years old. I guess it doesn't matter if the whole world goes to hell when you're more concerned about the next world than the current one. That being said, no matter how much I disagree with some people, saying they have a bloated head on a matter such as this (come on, I can understand other political matters but not THIS one, and even then this forum is supposed to be friendly so don't do it anyway) is pretty out of line. Especially since the person who said that was even making jokes to ease the tension.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you forgetting that the problem is that most of this ice is ABOVE water?
    I am aware that there is much more ice on land but the article my friend quoted addressed only the ice floating in the oceans.

If the ice were BELOW water then yes, you would be right.
    Ice cannot be below water…it floats.

Personally, I suspect global warming is actually caused by all the hot air emitted by politicians and others in power when they try to convince us that we really need them in charge to tell us what to do.
    That my man is the perhaps the answer.
    Anytime politicians get involved with something they screw it up. Case in point, the current bunch of misfits in Washington has done absolutely nothing about anything. Hence, the Dow just closed above 14,000...the econmy is humming right along and unemployment is low. If the government just leaves us/business alone, we will do just fine.

I do think global warming is happening and it will eventually create a problem. However, blaming it completely on the activities of man is a bit much.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly, that was the point. It DOES float (actually i believe they made a heavy ice that sinks, but that's not the point).

Greenland scares me Gore's documentary was good, though. Even just for the sake of hearing him talk (I love his voice)!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The most harmful greenhouse gas is water vapor
    Let's ban water!
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast