Thread: Global warming?

God must have an interesting sense of humor Wesley's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BigCarnivourKid View Post
    Me too.

It's no worse than jokes about California falling into the ocean giving the residents of Arizona beach front property.
    WOOHOO!!! That was great! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Wiki mentions undersea volcanic activity, increasing levels of water vapor in the atmosphere, and increasing co2 levels.

Britannica mentions the melting of ice from a fork in the upper Angerman River in northern Sweden.

I spent a grand total of 5 minutes researching, so I'm sure there are many theories on it.

In my opinion, the problem is that most people who don't believe in GW are republicans, and if you ask most republicans, they'll tell you the Earth is only 5-6 thousand years old. I guess it doesn't matter if the whole world goes to hell when you're more concerned about the next world than the current one. That being said, no matter how much I disagree with some people, saying they have a bloated head on a matter such as this (come on, I can understand other political matters but not THIS one, and even then this forum is supposed to be friendly so don't do it anyway) is pretty out of line. Especially since the person who said that was even making jokes to ease the tension.
    The people who believe the earth is only 5-6000 years old don't always believe the same way, nor are they always Republicans. I know cause I believe the earth is only that old, but I also believe that global warming is indeed an issue. I don't think it is as much of an issue a many would lead you to believe, but it is there. I am affiliated w/ the republican party, but I don't always agree w/ them. As for us only caring about the "next world", not so. I care for the current one because I have to live here too as will my children. I also care about the people here cause they are part this current world and I'd like for them to also be part of the next one, but not all will choose that path.

People, especially people who haven't been here as long. Let's keep the name calling out of the debate and respect your fellow member's opinions. That's what makes this place great is that we are all here for plants and can also discuss things that we may disagree on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lauderdale View Post
    I am aware that there is much more ice on land but the article my friend quoted addressed only the ice floating in the oceans.

Ice cannot be below water…it floats.

That my man is the perhaps the answer.
    Anytime politicians get involved with something they screw it up. Case in point, the current bunch of misfits in Washington has done absolutely nothing about anything. Hence, the Dow just closed above 14,000...the econmy is humming right along and unemployment is low. If the government just leaves us/business alone, we will do just fine.

I do think global warming is happening and it will eventually create a problem. However, blaming it completely on the activities of man is a bit much.
    Although our economy is growing, there is still a long way to go. I think the most current problem for the US is it's economy. Although it seems to be doing well, when you compare it to other 1st world nations, we are doing quite poorly in many areas. A small indication would the WEAK USD, one British Pound is almost $2. Though it is only a small indication, it is an indication none the less.
    ~Wes~

My plants are going green to save the environment

My Growlist

NICK,NICK,NICK!!!!! Indians....... likeAstone76's Avatar
    Kansas, on the plains with the tumbling tumble weeds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bloated head...........perhaps

arrogant.........maybe

but don't you dare call me a republican!!
    Last edited by likeAstone76; 07-19-2007 at 03:18 PM. Reason: spelling DOH!!!
    Here's to the first of the of the day fellas!! To old, D.H. Lawrence!!!!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I care for the current one
    I thought you were a republican?

LMAO! JUST KIDDING! Of course I was making generalizations. There's always a weird republican or weird democrat (besides Kerry, of course) in there somewhere.

I wont lie that the US dollar being weak hurts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And then you have the whole business of the water temp. rising with the influx of fresh water (melted ice) stopping the Gulf Stream. *throws yet another monkey wrench into the fray*

Trying to rebuild. Feel free to PM me with questions.

Grow/Want List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At one point in time, the most of the scientist agreed the earth was flat.

At one point in time, the most of the scientist agreed the earth was the center of the solar system.

At one point in time, doctors thought that if you were sick, you had bad blood. Then they would bleed people. Most of the times to the point of death.
    And all those were disproven by scientists too, not the common laypreson. Without scientists, we would still think that also.

I debated this whole thing in detail before, but its mostly a wate of time, as this pops up every few months and i have to make the argument again and again. I could show what ended the last ice age and stuff beyond dispute, but whats the point? I just dont care what other people think about things anymore enough to try and debate it. I just have better things to do.
    that makes no logic

I drink to make others more interesting. bpullin's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We'll raise up our glasses against evil forces
    Singing whiskey for my men, beer for my horses

1-20-13 = The End of an Error.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    for those complaining the man is the main cause of global warming..............explain to me why Mars and the other planets in our solar system are also warming up? man cause that aswell?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is evidence other planets/moons are warming, but there can't be a single cause. Variations in solar output, the only thing that could affect all the planets ~simultaneously, have a negligible effect on the Earth's climate and probably don't do much elsewhere either.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals — but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast