What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tammy Faye passes away

• Thread starter Clint
  • Start date

Clint

Stay chooned in for more!
Tammy Faye passed away today. She was one of the few people in that business that I really liked, and I believe she's in a better place now.

Rest in peace Tammy, you were a good one.

She was the wife of jim bakker, himself a prominent televangelist in the late 70's/80's, and was famous for breaking into tears on screen and streaking her mascara while begging for donations from viewers.

Though I don't share her beliefs, she never became a paragon of intolerance like other televangelists, even gaining a following in the gay community. As such I will simply say that I hope she has found peace wherever she is now.

Lol, begging for donations! Well she wasn't perfect lmao. That's evident by her choice in men lol.

Yes, I liked her because she was so flamboyant and tolerant. A real nice lady, and her son isn't half bad looking hehehe. She was one of the few Christian gay icons, and she was just awesome I think.

I found out she died and I came here to post it but as usual JLAP beat me too it.

I think when she was with Jim Baker begging for money she was as bad as he was. Taking money from the poor and living in a mansion. Anthrax had a song about them call "Make me Laugh"

As bad as she was, I think she turned her life around and because a very good person. Watch the season of "[SIZE=-1]The Surreal Life" that she was in and you'll get to know the real Tammy Faye.

I guess you can say she went to that great AC'ed doghouse in the sky.
[/SIZE]

I saw her on Larry King a couple nights ago. …very brave and powerful woman for going through what she did in the way she did it.

Back