Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: CPs - outlet for the demented

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think spiders and sundews are a wonderful irony.

I have been known to show mercy on some bugs and release them. Not many, mind you, but some. A sarracenia recently started flickering like a lighthouse. Upon closer inspection I realized that a firefly was in the pitcher! I tried to see if I could let it out-the flicker was just pitiful to watch-but I couldn't find a way. I guess you could say that the plant had a "light" dinner that evening.

Spiders and mosquitoes and anything that is banded and stings however, need to make their peace quickly becaase they're on their own. Especially mosquitoes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbcarnivore View Post

Chocolate covered crickets anyone? shivers
    No thanks, I'd rather starve.
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've rescued more insects from CPs than I've fed to CPs. I feel like an outcast now. Slinks away.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I was like seven, I rescued a sowbug from my VFT, and from time to time I still rescue one, but guess I've become mostly jaded. If I'm just in a bad mood, though, I'll go out of my way to grab any wandering bug and send it to its doom.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ouch!

I have an agreement with the bugs-I won't mess with you as long as you stay outside. Out there, they're on their own (hey! all three spellings of that word in one sentence!) but I'll pull a fly out of the flytrap if it is caught in a particularly heinous way. Mostly nature does her thing.

INSIDE though...all bets are off. Anybody found in the living area of the house becomes an appetizer for some plant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last summer I was playing a show at an outdoor theater and got stung by something backstage. Angry and holding a grudge against the entire stinging insect community, I brought a bowl planter of sarrs and VFTs the next day and put them on my hood in the backstage lot.

After that show I peered in a sarr and there was a little black and gold stinging thing struggling to get out. I know it wasn't the same bug, but that was vindication enough for me. I could feel a sinister grin come across my face.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ilbasso View Post
    INSIDE though...all bets are off. Anybody found in the living area of the house becomes an appetizer for some plant.
    At my house I'm missing the screens to the old storm windows. So this summer I've learned to live among the bugs that stop by for a visit. They get to live if they follow the rules:

No jumping on me
    Let me watch tv or read
    Find your own food not mine
    Don't bring more than 2 friends with you
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rules to live by with least stress for everyone involved. And many congratulations to ilbasso for correctly spelling and then fitting those three words into a string with only one other word in between. That's impressive and thanks for pointing it out. The rest of us can learn from your mastery.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast