Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Air Conditioner Water?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/TDS-METERS-0-999...QQcmdZViewItem
    Does that work? I'd have it in 2 weeks, which would mean 2 weeks of tap water usage.
    - NeciFiX

VFT and Drosera lover vft guy in SJ's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2 weeks? What is he going to do walk it there himself? There is no reason on earth why it should take 2 weeks to ship from Fremont (which is about 20 miles from my house) to Wisconsin. I have heard that you can buy TDS meters at places like Home Depot and Lowes. I would look there before I would risk 2 weeks of unknown tap water. If you are bound and determined to order from E-bay then go get yourself some distilled water to hold you over till it arrives.

To be honest, I have never used a TDS meter myself. I know without even looking that the chemical soup that comes from my tap is not good for my plants..
    There are only 2 infinite things... the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not too sure about the universe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I love my tap water. I refilled a bottle of it (yes it's true) 26 times in one day when I was sick and drank it all and kept drinking it. It's great! I doubt it would gain 80 PPM through the tubes... along the way. I'd guess it'd be 50 PPM. And I make little money so it's hard to afford these things, that's why I can't afford it for a week then it's SFRSS (Standard Flat Rate Shipping Service) so it would take another week.

TBH, I can't afford even one gallon of distilled water, so I'm staying with tap water until I see them start to decline or nothing changes then I'll keep sticking with it. I doubt that it would gain like 80 PPM through the tubes. Would de-humidifier water work too?
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is what I did when I couldn't afford to buy water as a young'n....

Garbage can ~ $8
    Piece of Gutter ~$6
    Parents yelling about your rain water catching thing... priceless. err...

Cut a hole in the top of the trash can lid, and rig up the rain gutter so it would funnel into the trash can. Once a really good rain storm comes, you'll get 1/4 or 1/2 the can full of rain water. If you can figure out how to expand the surface area, it will fill faster. You just have to use your imagination and pace the hardware store thinking of what might work. Defusers, insulation foam, etc.

Some people would just collect rain water from the gutter of the roof, but mine had too much junk coming from the shingles, plus it would foam in big rains so I never trusted it.

Nate
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12