Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: R/O Unit Problems

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just looked at your ebay pic. Remove the taste and oder filter. Or tee off before that filter. It's just some weird coconut husk thing. But it can add other things back into the water. I have mine tee'd off for the plants, but still use it for the sink that I drink from.
    My Grow List

"It is only by studying nature that can we ever hope to defeat it."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh my "silicon"... ewwww im hoping it was before the prefilters and he was careful enough to skip the first few threads and use it sparingly

but the rejection ratio is easy... take the inlet off of the membrane and measure the TDS, then take the outlet off the membrane and measure its TDS

if it is going up we have isolated the problem, (assuming pressure is adaquate)

but no more silicon please.... it can damage the membrane (people tend to use too much)

to properly take pressure measurements you need to "tee" the gauge in, a deadhead pressure (like you implied) is useless, we need "dynamic" pressure readings

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Chrono, its a good basic unit, nothing wrong with the make of it

same one many here use, myself included

flytraps advice about flushing is a good ideal, i do mine weekly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Same here Chrono, I bought a very similar unit and it does a really good job. Just needs some fine tuning. 8)
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    notice how the gauge is installed in mine for routine monitoring of inlet pressure(we may need to check yours in a diff spots but you get the idea)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I flushed it for like 2 days straight because I forgot it was on.. and before that, very often. When I flush it though.. it sounds like a lot of water was kept under pressure there, it starts squirting into the pipe, I can hear it.

As for the silicon.. I know it's not that problem because the high TDS happened BEFORE the silicon was added.. I knew we should've just sticked to the teflon tape...

I also did fill and empty the tank a few times before I used it. I think I did it like 3 times. That final filter is supposed to take care of that stuff though. I'll take some TDS readings after every filter (after the prefilters and one before) so to try and isolate the problem.

I gotta get offline for now though.. I'll get what I need then I'll be back!

Edit: What is that brown water in the picture? Mine doesn't have one of those...

Just took another TDS reading, I got 172..... wtf

Also, my TDS meter is made by Milwaukee. This one.. to be exact..
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sweet you got a permiate pump as well, how do you like it? I have to get a 90% valve yet though.
    My Grow List

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    love it!!!!

best upgrade their is, recycle times are a lot better, filter life is a lot longer and a whole lot less waste water

a must have if you use a bladder tank

brown water.... ohhh you must mean the mixed bed for demineralization, depends on which system you buy.... most probably wont have it, its actually little beads that turn tan as they get used up

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast