Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: zeitgeist the movie

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    Why is it surprising that people from the past could come to the conclusion that there is some kind of supreme being (God)?
    Uhh... that isn't what I said. It's not surprising they came to the conclusion that there is some kind of God. I'm talking about other correlations. As in, the exact birthdate of Jesus, the types of miracles performed by Jesus, that jesus was born by a virgin, the "nicknames" of Jesus, that Jesus was dead for 3 days and then resurrected, and many others. The correlations had absolutely nothing to do with the fact that past civilzations had come to the conclusion that there is some kind of supreme being... I don't even know where you got that idea from.

Your right that the Bible and organized religion has been abused in the past and today but what does that have to do with your relationship with God?.
    Umm absolutely nothing... it has something to do with my relationship with religion, not God. Again, I think you are reading what you want to read.

Forget religion. Find a church that is passionate for Jesus and uses the Bible. Then work on your relationship with Jesus.
    I don't believe in Jesus. Why would I work on a relationship with something I don't believe in? I'd rather work on my relationship with God (while you recognize them as one and the same, I do not. I find Christ to be a manifestation of man). And BTW, you know believing in Jesus Christ denotes a religion right? CHRISTianity. Other religions believe in God without believing in Jesus.

I'm sorry if my views offend anyone, but as they are my beliefs I am entitled to them. I do not want to push them off to anyone else either. Rather, I simply wish to present evidence to the contrary and let others make the decision for themselves.
    - Daniel

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of my main issues with the Bible, and this eludes too many people, is that it was written by MAN (multiple). This gives it no more credibility than anything else written by men, or this video for that matter. Also it was written over a period of over 1000 years, and some of it, many decades after the passing of christ. If someone today wrote of the teachings of God (that they personally experienced), or his "son", we might call them crazy. But because it comes from a time which we have no other record of, we validate it?
    THANK YOU! They didn't even include all of the books in the first place! I don't see why you'd even apologize for your views possible offending anyone. You're views are nothing unusual or offensive. Would you call yourself Jewish? It took me quite a while to realize that I could love God/Jesus and hate religion at the same time I still think organized religions is one of the poisons of society. I don't think God gives a rat's behind about how many hail Mary's you recite or how many times you pray. I think God is above ritualism. It also took me a long time to realize that God, for me at least, isn't some old man on a throne constantly judging you and demanding that you "be good" or burn in hell forever.

I dunno. Call me crazy but I think life is about being happy. I think if you want to be a Christian, a Buddhist, a Wiccan, Muslim, or worship owls or even barn owls, go for it if that's what you want to do. Don't worship anything at all if that's what you want to do, either. I won't try to change you if you don't try to change me. Hear that, Jehovah's witnesses!?!?! I've come to the conclusion that whether you believe in a deity/deities, or don't believe in anything at all, spiritual/religious matters are so multifaceted that there's never a simple answer to your problem. Unless you're weak minded and don't have any questions in the first place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    THANK YOU! They didn't even include all of the books in the first place! I don't see why you'd even apologize for your views possible offending anyone. You're views are nothing unusual or offensive. Would you call yourself Jewish? It took me quite a while to realize that I could love God/Jesus and hate religion at the same time I still think organized religions is one of the poisons of society. I don't think God gives a rat's behind about how many hail Mary's you recite or how many times you pray. I think God is above ritualism. It also took me a long time to realize that God, for me at least, isn't some old man on a throne constantly judging you and demanding that you "be good" or burn in hell forever.

I dunno. Call me crazy but I think life is about being happy. I think if you want to be a Christian, a Buddhist, a Wiccan, Muslim, or worship owls or even barn owls, go for it if that's what you want to do. Don't worship anything at all if that's what you want to do, either. I won't try to change you if you don't try to change me. Hear that, Jehovah's witnesses!?!?! I've come to the conclusion that whether you believe in a deity/deities, or don't believe in anything at all, spiritual/religious matters are so multifaceted that there's never a simple answer to your problem. Unless you're weak minded and don't have any questions in the first place.
    Go JLAP!
    After seeing that film, I'm now off to make the world a better place. Where do I start......................

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    so is there any way we can not turn this into a religious discussion? I mean... its rather unproductive and has a nasty tendency to degrade as it goes on.
    that makes no logic

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure. We could also talk about 911 and banking conspiracies. Pick your poison

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Finch View Post
    so is there any way we can not turn this into a religious discussion? I mean... its rather unproductive and has a nasty tendency to degrade as it goes on.
    I only mentioned it because it is a part of the documentary. And I wouldn't necessarily call it unproductive... Without discourse we are empty.
    - Daniel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When the threads that get into this debate get locked because of flaming, i consider it unproductive. Obviously that’s not always the case, but when everyone is entrenched in their beliefs and feel like they cant give an inch, it not pretty. Sometimes it just seems we are argung the same arguments with the same points over and over again.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one here is flaming... and given the proper argument, I'm always willing to give an inch =). I would never flame someone for their religious beliefs, as some of the most important people in my life are highly religious.
    - Daniel

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast