What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

zeitgeist the movie

• Thread starter jiana54
  • Start date
Jeese, it's two hours long! Needless to say, I've only watched through the synced up guns and music. That was pretty cool. Reminds me of Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and Wizard of Oz.

xvart.

lmao. i didnt like the first few minutes of the movie. however, i thought the rest of it was just really overwhelming. i was speechless after i saw it.

dark side of the moon + wizard of oz was wicked!! it was weird how it meshed well together. try tool's aenima album + nightmare before christmas.

So I just skipped ahead a bunch. Maybe you can help with a brief synopsis, jiana; but, it has a lot of government "conspiracy" theories such as alternative September 11 events, the depression and loans, among other things (and I'm not using "conspiracy theories" in a degrading way, I just don't know how else to accurately describe it. Maybe alternative views? lol.

xvart.

I got bored during the flashing squares, I couldn't watch any more of it.

aw man i thought this had something to do with the smashing pumpkins....disappointing

Very very interesting... I can feel this being a very long thread... IF people watch it...

the movie might offend a few people especially since the beginning of it discusses religion.
i dont want to offend anyone. so please, don't watch this movie if you have a stronger faith in God. also, if you guys don't want to see clips from the 911 attack, dont watch this movie.

the first part of the movie shows how christianity was plagiarized from egyptian mythology and a lot of other god/savior myths. it explains why 12-25 was jesus' birthday or why easter is the day jesus rose from the dead. then, it talks about the growth of christianity throughout the world. "religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery."

part 2 talks mainly about the conspiracy during the 9/11 attack and the bombing of one of the towers in '93. the movie shows that the government knew about the attack, the people who hijacked the plane were funded the by US, and that evidence were planted against bin laden and other suspects. also, no other evidence were found such as dead bodies, blood, luggages....the evidence in the pentagon was buried and some of the debris were picked up and hidden. the three towers collapsed as if it had bombs in between floors. "fear and terror are created to gain control." - im sure most of you guys have heard or read about this before so ill move on to the next part.

part 3 talks about profit and control. part 3 starts off with the american revolution and the central bank. it talks about jpmorgan, rockefeller, warbur... the federal reserve system enslaves the men in this country. large banking interested in war because it forces the country to borrow more money from the federal reserve bank.
rockefeller made money off of WWI, Roosevelt made money off of WWII, and once again, the Rockeller's company and Prescott Bush (GW's granddaddy) supported the Nazis in Germany so more money could come in their pockets.

these were in the movie to let everyone know that what happened in 911 is very similar to what happened in Germany during Hitler's regime. and hopefully, people will see that the government dont care about us. all they for us to do is sit in a corner, shut up, and give them our money. we will soon have a one world government. we will live under one culture. a culture composed of people with RFID chips (like those chips in a passport).

we've gotta stop listening to the media. stop watching tv. stop being afraid of authority. and instead, start loving everyone. i dont wanna be chipped or carry an id with my barcode info. im a human. my life has a value. geez, i sound really really paranoid.

but anyways, if you guys wanna watch the movie but not through your pc for 2 hours, let me know. i have the dvd. i can definitely burn a copy for everyone.

God I LOVE this video, its so awesome.

"Lifes like a Ride... And We kill those good guys that try and tell us that you know?"

This last part of the movie I really like.

I really found it interesting about the Historian part not making mention of Jesus, and you know that if some one in the area was making such hype, would make it into the Books of historians.

Also I really thought it was hillarious, when they said the reason all the past Dietys had similar lives to that of Jesus, when they came before him, was satan

yep. i dont remember which part it was when JFK was showed but I was so close to crying when his speech was audioed in and when his assasination was shown. i also wanted to cry when Bill Hicks was saying "life is like a ride....."then pictures of gandhi and john lennon were shown.

lmao :-D no. i was getting "emotional".

Stop watching TV? I think you need to lie down for a spell, Jiana. I don't think you're feeling well. We need to get that fever down quick!

lol. come to think of it, i havent been feeling well. i stayed in seattle for a couple of days so i guess the stay there kinda affected me :-))

I think when you say we need to stop watching TV you mean we need to stop just beleiving just what they say, and look into it more, instead of just saying Oh its on TV it must be true.

OMG OMG OMG. I can't believe anyone could watch this film and dismiss it at all. SOO many of the clips, whether or not you "buy into conspiracies", show what this government is all about. And I am sorry to say Jiana, even if people have a "strong faith in god", and might "be offended by videos of 911", they should still watch this. The amount of actual facts that stack up against what were are commonly told, is staggering. To make a meaningful and educated decision about something, one must first examine all sides of an argument and then make a decision. You can't just believe in one thing and then plug your ears and yell "lalalalala" when someone presents evidence to the contrary. BTW this is not a personal attack on Jiana, I mean to address everyone. In fact Jiana, having fully watched the movie and made their own decision, is a step ahead of many. Whether or not Jiana believes the documentary or not, is his/her decision, and is jusitfied because they actually watched the whole movie. (Cold glance with a wave of the finger at Ozzy and Xvart :) - haha i'm just messing with you guys, but you should watch it :) ) Everyone should really watch this movie and then make a decision for yourselves... A lot of the religion stuff has been proven ad nauseam, and much of the astronomy stuff I even learned during college. The Federal Reserve part is also well documented and even immortalized in the film, Wizard of Oz. Please, if you read this, do yourself a favor and watch this documentary. Tell as many people as you can about it, because it is a scary world we are being blindly led into. And please bare with the first few minutes of random video clips of warfare pieced together. It was even a little overboard for me, but it does a good job at setting the stage for the movie. More stuff like this needs to make news, and not pictures of Britney's Vag, and the latest Paris Hilton Scandal. I can't believe how that stuff even makes the news... and I am forced to read about it on a news ticker when all I want to know about is the important stuff.

http://zeitgeistmovie.com/

the movie might offend a few people especially since the beginning of it discusses religion.
i dont want to offend anyone. so please, don't watch this movie if you have a stronger faith in God. also, if you guys don't want to see clips from the 911 attack, dont watch this movie.

the first part of the movie shows how christianity was plagiarized from egyptian mythology and a lot of other god/savior myths. it explains why 12-25 was jesus' birthday or why easter is the day jesus rose from the dead. then, it talks about the growth of christianity throughout the world. "religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery."

Too bad seeking the truth wasn't as simple as popping in a DVD. I've read and heard all the craziest reasons why people should dismiss that there is a God. Anything from it's slavery, to it's a drug to control society, to taking verses out of the Bible out of context, to Biology and evolution (which can't prove or disprove the supernatural but can only conclude through observation and repeated experimentation) and to simple blanket comments that have no support.

The point I'm trying to make is this: There are people who don't want you to believe there's a God. They internalize inside themselves some kind of fact or facts that they believe is some-what true that supports their claim that God is bogus. I'll leave it to you to figure out why. Christian's understand this as a "spiritual war" but many non-believers don't recognize this and instead try to convince you that you are being "freed" when you deny the existence of God.

Whether or not we agree or disagree I hope that everyone here doesn't rely on any form of media to answer such enormous questions about life.

Wow guys, is this movie REALLY that good? I've been hearing a lot about it lately. If it's mainly about God or some New World Order conspiracy theory then I'm not gonna watch it because that sounds like a real snoozefest, no matter which side of the argument it's on.

BUT, you know me. I'm not afraid to try anything once... or ten times. I'll give it a shot tomorrow when I have time. Gregg Araki's Nowhere is coming on the IFC channel and I can't miss that! One of my favorite indies of all time!

I can't resist the temptation. It's looming in my browser! As I watch... I see explosions and melodramatic music. Will it shake my belief in today's capitalistic society? Will I renounce God in favor of worshiping an Owl at Bohemian Grove? Will I rise against the oppressive American banking system? Or will I fall asleep in my chair and choke on my own (or someone else's?) tongue????? Only time will tell, my esteemed peers. Only time will tell, and that's all any of us have. Time. So far I found the beginning part about God pretty humorous. I used to think the same way but I no longer do (not that I care what anyone else wants to do. Even if they worship owls, bears, elephants, or even barn owls!) The money part is just hilarious and totally true!

I'd like very much to hear a religious person comment on the astronomy stuff. It's pretty weird. I'd REALLY like to hear someone comment on it (please comment on it....) It's pretty spooky and I dunno what to think. Some of the stuff like the fish symbolism and the age of Taurus/Pisces seems like there over analyzing. And I don't think anyone questions the fact that modern day Christianity of full of pagan symbols (xmas, easter come to mind). The stuff about Noah and Moses seems like it can co-exist with the notion of Jesus. I don't give much thought to the OT. Bunch of old fairy tales if you ask me.

Because barn owls are 100% better than regular owls. Its one of those facts.

The truth is, my amigos, that you cant count on facts to sway other people’s opinions. Facts are subjective. Me, I love facts. Cant get enough of em. But what is absolute proof to you or me may be no proof at all to someone else. Sometimes all the facts in the world will never convince somebody. Or sometimes almost no facts at all will sway people. You know people like that, but you… us… don’t know who you are. People who do or don’t realize TEH FACTS are not any more dumber or smarter depending on what fact they absorb as correct… and wat r teh facts? Gobalwarming god evolution goverment cancer war... everyone picks their facts. If you say no... no i dont then your one of those people too! No one is immune

wat r teh facts?

You tell us

It's hard to realize teh facts since all of this happened thousands of years ago and was undoubtedly (by me atleast) hybridized over and over with the customs of other religions and cultures. Some of it probably never happened (garden of Eden? Pah-leeze) but nothing can be proven. It's just one of those things you've got to have faith in if you want to believe it, or not worry about it at all if you don't. This "documentary" does seem very (well, let's be honest, it is very) one sided and doesn't present the opposite point of view. As much as I dislike fundamentalism, it's not fair if they can't speak. People take the Bible far too literally. I take like, to be honest only the parts about Jesus literally. The rest is just stories teaching morals to me.

Sounds like Stargate SG1 to me! Part II is starting now and I have a sinking feeling I'm going to think it's all BS. Why do they feel the need to flash these horrible images IN YOUR FACE! It's like propaganda.

Back