Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: This is really sad.

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Est View Post
    Edit: Yup, I can say with confidence that it's a fake. Scroll down to the bottom and highly the area below the text to reveal a "YHBT" -> You Have Been Trolled. No reason to have this in white text, hidden, if this wasn't a joke.
    How'd you catch that Est? I missed it until you mentioned it. If this is their idea of a joke then they need more more work to do. Maybe they could find a way to do xxxHolic
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Edit: Yup, I can say with confidence that it's a fake. Scroll down to the bottom and highly the area below the text to reveal a "YHBT" -> You Have Been Trolled. No reason to have this in white text, hidden, if this wasn't a joke.
    Woah! Good eye!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Now that I think about it, I'm not sure how I spotted it. It's probably because when I read things I tend to highlight them as I go (especially when it's a longer paragraph.) I probably ended up dragging too far and saw it. lol

since it's technically illegal
    I believe that it technically falls in to a gray-area. Many fansubbed shows are produced in counties that have different or nonexistent copyright laws. It generally goes that as long as the show isn't licensed in the US, it's de facto kosher. IF this article would have been true, then it would have only been due to a company using the police to bully and scare the community because they can't really press charges.

This is my understanding of it at least. Even if it's not the case, morally I don't have a problem with it. It's accessible elsewhere only due to geographical restrictions which no longer really NEED to be restrictive. The creators of the show lose nothing; in fact they gain. If I find a show I want to watch that hasn't been here released/licensed here in the US, I suddenly have a prerogative to see it proliferate in to my markets of access.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ....The creators of the show lose nothing; in fact they gain. If I find a show I want to watch that hasn't been here released/licensed here in the US, I suddenly have a prerogative to see it proliferate in to my markets of access.
    I agree with you on that. I started getting the manga for the anime that I liked, At least if it was available in the US in English. Japanese is still Greek to me for the most part. 'Cept for a couple words like "baka" (sp).
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    'Cept for a couple words like "baka" (sp).
    ROFL, one of the few words I consistently remember, too. That either says something about us, or what we're watching. lol
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12