Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: God's word

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    But I could just as well be any religion that predates Christianity if the "boob rule" were my only method for choosing a faith. I'm athiest because I'm way too into science. Once you start to learn a lot about biology and/or organic chemistry, and look at some of the synthesis experiments, it's impossible to believe the fairy tale of any god.

Even in a historical sense, no one is Odinist anymore, no one still thinks the sun god pulls up the sun with his chariot, no one still believes in Zeus or Thor or Ra. Its a fate that will befall Christianity/Islam/Judaism as well. Just because they are the three dominant religions now does not mean anything for the future. There were many a dominant religion in the history of man....but the "newest" mainstream three are believed to be the "eternal truth" now, just like so many others were in the past.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who really cares what you practice? I'm not pointing a finger at anyone in particular when I say this by the way.

To each his/her own. Why would someone want to make another believe what they believe unless it was because the 1st person thought it would help the second person (salvation etc)? And then if the person doesn't want to why would you then want to kill the person (defeating the purpose). Leading a horse to water then killing it because it doesn't drink... well you get it.

We all are going to die at some point anyway at least let people enjoy their life even if they don't think the way you do. At least TRY and be open minded.

And when it comes to the jokes... we all can make cracks at just about anything... we can wonder why Moses forgot the unicorns and dinosaurs when he built the arc and why he was talking to the local shrubbery instead of putting out the fire. As long as you aren't being cruel where is the harm in it all? And remember if you feel that strongly about something address it tactfully and if it was that great of an offense, let the big guy upstairs (whatever you happen to call him) take care of it when the time comes.

-J.P.

p.s. Phissionkorps If you can stand it, watch the zeitgeist video that someone posted on this forum. It will shed a "new light" so to speak on your sun god theory.
    Trying to rebuild. Feel free to PM me with questions.

Grow/Want List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Then again, I'm sure no one was after you because you're a practicing Muslim. If I, a white athiest went there, well we know what would happen...

Lets see I am white, not a muslim, infact I was very open about the fact that I am agnostic yet still saw no ill will towards myself. Infact I talked to Iraqi refugees while I was in Syria, a member of the Axis of evil where if anywhere they should have cut my head off for being american, white, or agnostic, or atleast thats what I am sure you would think. (Also I met an atheist in Syria who had visted the Ummyad Mosque and said he was an atheist and you know what their response was they offered him tea and information and said they would explain Islam, Christianity, and Judhaism to him if he would like but forced nothing on him.)

Also I know plenty of white americans who dont believe the holocaust happened. It is denied for political reason usually or out of hate. And the differnce between you talking about 30's & 40's Germany even though you werent there is your source of information is likely a legitimate historical source versus sensationalized media.

Lastly you dont know my motivations nor what I was doing in the Middle East so please dont attack me personally by calling me irrational. The only person who is being irrational is you who refuses to realize that your right wing Fox News might have mislead you into believing that every Muslim is just itching to killing you.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    People love to blame Fox News...but I don't watch TV...at all.

And if I read it correctly, you're telling me not to call you irrational, but then you call me irrational? That argument sounds pretty....well you get the idea .
    Z polski y dumny
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do we even need an argument?

Each person believes the other has issues haha let just leave it there instead of beating eachother to death...

It was all just a joke...
    Trying to rebuild. Feel free to PM me with questions.

Grow/Want List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    People love to blame Fox News...but I don't watch TV...at all.

And if I read it correctly, you're telling me not to call you irrational, but then you call me irrational? That argument sounds pretty....well you get the idea .
    I am sorry let me clarify what I said you are not irration just your belief which you have gathered from god know what sources. See you claim these things happen but you cant back them up with personal experiences or even legitmate sources from what you have presented so far. Also I said you are being irration I did not say you are irrational and I believe I have clarified that above.

Also Fox News was just used as an extreme example of the type of position you are arguing on this subject.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.voiceofdharma.com/books/siii/ch6.htm

April 24 : Armenia day. This is the official Armenian memorial day for the victims of the muslim genocide against Christian Armenians in World War I

August 7: Assyrian Day. This is the day the Assyrians use to commemorate the victims of the centuries long genocide of Aaayrians by muslims

August 14 : Hindu Holocaust Day. This day has been copied from the website from the Hindu Holocaust Museum

September 11: WTC Day in memory of the victims of the atack on the World Trade Center.

8/1/07 ( Narathiwat, Thailand ) - A Buddhist woman is blown to bits when Muslim radicals bomb a shopping district.
    8/1/07 ( Yala, Thailand ) - Islamists ambush a group guarding a train station, killing two members.
    8/1/07 ( Kabul, Afghanistan ) - A suicide bomber kills an Afghan truck driver.
    7/31/07 ( Bannu, Pakistan ) - Religious extremists ambush a group of soldiers, killing one.
    7/31/07 ( Mogadishu, Somalia ) - Islamic terrorists blow up a minibus, killing five civilian passengers that included a woman.
    7/31/07 ( Baghdad, Iraq ) - A teacher and an engineer are among a dozen people shot and killed in various Jihad attacks around the country

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/

Guess I'm just making all this stuff up huh?
    How can you defend such animals?
    Z polski y dumny
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, Okay. So, a Priest and a Rabbi are riding in a plane . . .
    I like plants.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast