Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Moving to Texas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finch the thing about Native American burials is actully the land owners call. Any Native American artifacts or remains found on private property are not subject to NAGPRA regulation and belong to the land owner. You are required to call the police when ever you find human remains to determine if they are a modern homicide but other than that you can do what you want with the remains so the government wouldnt get involved other than to determine that they person had been dead for a long time.

As for the women the 4 days I spent there looking for an apartment has made me agree with you. I dont know how Texas managed to pull it off but the women there are almost all hot.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe he is just jealous that we are the state with the greatest number of insane women.
    Fixed that for ya.

But on a serious note, while landowners being paranoid or doing uncool things to prevent building restrictions, that sort of behaviour is pretty widespread. There's an uncountable number of stories of landowners finding something endangered and destroying/killing it and burying it so they don't need to suffer the red tape.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think what Finch said is true about a lot of TX landowners. The same way it's true about plenty of landowners everywhere; north, south, east & west. That said, I used to get a bulletin from an organization of federal and state employees who were concerned about political meddling in environmental protection. Most of their worst horror stories seemed to come from TX, AZ, CO, & ID. No state went unmentioned, but TX seems to have far more than its fair share of problem landowners & businesses (and the politicians that enable them).

As for the women, are you sure it's the women you're attracted to and not the makeup?
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Texas probably has a lot of people like that because the state is huge, and we have such a large amount of people who own tracts of land (besides just a house and small yard)

As for the women, are you sure it's the women you're attracted to and not the makeup?
    The Cali girls are the fake ones
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cali girls are the fake ones
    have you ever been to ANY california beach?

please, fake or not, im quite *cough-cough* happy here! The ones i despise though are the bitc-i mean rich girls over here! god-dont even get me started!

What was this whole post about again...?
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I live in Houston.

I have all manner of Sarracenia growing year-round outside. Also, temperate sundews, D. binata complex, D. adelae, U. gibba, U. livida, VFTs (although they require 6 weeks in the fridge most years), N. ventrata, N. coccinea, N. miranda, N. gracilis (winter inside for the Nepenthes, and they are shaded except for the morning).
    My Grow List

"We are just an advanced breed of monkeys on a minor planet of a very average star. But we can understand the Universe. That makes us something very special." -- Stephen Hawking

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh?!? You're talking about CPs? Isn't this the religion, politics and regional rivalry forum?
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123