3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Now 7.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Apparently 14 other people died falling into the collapsed mid section... I don't know if that 7 you mentioned is part of it, but, 14 died from just that. If those 7 are not part of that, then it's 21 dead, if it is, then it's 14.
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i live about a mile from the bridge, on century ave. i drive over that thing about 4 times a week! its so terrifying to see it so shattered now, when it looked perfect yesterday.

as for the construction workers with jackhammers potentially causing it, thats just not possible. bridges are supported by the trusses, not by the road over it. think of a very heavy piece of paper layed out over 2 pencils... jackhammers couldn't have caused this much damage.

but theres the interesting question- the bridge just went. it wasn't overloaded. in fact, a few of the lanes were closed due to the aforementioned construction work, and rush hour had already come and gone about an hour previous. it doesnt strike me as terrorism (theres no indication of this regardless), but what the hell causes a bridge to just "go" like that?
    if i were ruler of the world, anyone who defined a nepenthene as a "companion plant" to orchids would be fired from a cannon atop mt. kinabalu.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Meaven View Post
    i live about a mile from the bridge, on century ave. i drive over that thing about 4 times a week! its so terrifying to see it so shattered now, when it looked perfect yesterday.

as for the construction workers with jackhammers potentially causing it, thats just not possible. bridges are supported by the trusses, not by the road over it. think of a very heavy piece of paper layed out over 2 pencils... jackhammers couldn't have caused this much damage.

but theres the interesting question- the bridge just went. it wasn't overloaded. in fact, a few of the lanes were closed due to the aforementioned construction work, and rush hour had already come and gone about an hour previous. it doesnt strike me as terrorism (theres no indication of this regardless), but what the hell causes a bridge to just "go" like that?
    There was a known crack in it a year before, but, we'll never know.

I live about an hour and a half or so from that bridge. Maybe 50-70 miles.
    - NeciFiX

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    heard something about people with jackhammers working on the road could have, and I use this word carefully, aided the cause of it?
    The work being done on the bridge was re-paving. Furthermore, if the vibrations from a jackhammer could have even have had an effect on the structural integrity of the bridge, then it would have come down in the next good wind anyway.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Est View Post
    The work being done on the bridge was re-paving. Furthermore, if the vibrations from a jackhammer could have even have had an effect on the structural integrity of the bridge, then it would have come down in the next good wind anyway.
    Ride your car on a bridge that would come down from building a windmill next to it, that's kind of scary.
    - NeciFiX

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12