Thread: Buying Book 3

The Obsessive Gardener pedersonplants's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Buying Book 3

Hi:

I've earned another $25 gift certificate from amazon.com credit card. Am thinking of buying volume 3 of the Carnivorous Plants of Australia to supplement my cp library.

I have Slack's book, Barry's Book, Savage Garden, and CP of North America. Also have Gardening with Carnivores (Sarracenias).

Would there be a better book than this 3rd volume?

I'm particularly looking at tropical cps that could grow year round in a terrarium.

Would rather not waste this certificate if the book wouldn't add that much to my library.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a really good book, but its focus isn't on cultivation. It's a great field guide that gives tons of info on natural habitats. There's also a ton of scientific jargon referring to plant parts and whatnot.

So if you're looking for a book in the same style as say, The Savage Garden, then look elsewhere. But if you want something a little more on the scientific side (with some nice pictures of CPs in their natural habitats) then I say go for it.

The Obsessive Gardener pedersonplants's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are the pictures black and white or colored? I was really hoping to have something that would cover the plants I run across that aren't mentioned in one of my books.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pictures are in color, and if I remember correctly (too lazy to go grab my book!) the diagrams and drawings are in black and white.