Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sad day for vft's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stupid Civilization? With out Civilization we wouldnt have the internet, and most of us wouldnt have VFT's! Hows THAT for a smack in the face?!

To bad about that site Ozzy.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just took another look at the picture of the trampled vft and it truly is a sad picture...

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With out Civilization we wouldnt have the internet, and most of us wouldnt have VFT's! Hows THAT for a smack in the face?!
    Without civilization, none of this would have happened! everything would be good, natural, etc...How's THAT-oh never mind.

But yes, this is a horrible, horrible thing.
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Ozzy.
    -Joel from Southern California

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bless you for doing that, Ozzy. If i could have been there with you, the job would have gone by twice as fast :3
    ~The Fallen and Forgotten~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good work Ozzy. Next year the little individuals will be romping away wherever their new home will be.

I don't know about planning laws in the US, but in the UK you are really not allowed to just build roads if it destroys endangered species. It's common for rare species such as certain newts, frogs and plants to be removed prior to any building, if the development is given any permission to go ahead in the first place.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    isn't VFT collecting illegal though.
    Well the short answer is yes. You can collect VFT's if you have written permission from the land owner. I think what I did would have been an extreme gray area. If a wildlife or police officer had saw me collecting them, I don't know if I would have arrested. If I had been arrested I don't know if I would have been convicted. I thought about all this, before and while I was removing the vft's, and I decided that if I was arrested I would damn sure use use it to make everybody I could aware of what is really happening with our local cp's. The way I look at it is that since the land they were taken from was in the states right of way, I am part owner through taxes. Since the state didn't care enough to save them, I did. Sometimes doing the right thing means you have to break the law.

The penalty for poaching is $2000 fine and 6 months in jail. Each plant and each seed is a separate offense. So I would be facing a life sentence if I was caught. LOL

Apart from the fact that its ok that ppl can kill endangered plants.
    VFT's are not listed and endangered. They are listed as a Species of concern.

no offence, but i would stop and question you and/or probably report you to the police !!
    I would have too. lol

Why does it need more road? Stupid civilization...
    The reason that we need new roads is because people from the north (We call them yankees) are moving down here in record numbers. There are more nonnative people here than there are native.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why did you take the media, too? To avoid stress or to do some.... natural media conservation deal?

I was surprised that you'd do it without permission because you work for NASC, but I've done the same thing (is this considered Poaching of Passion? lmao) at a construction site in Florida so I can't say anything bad. You did the right thing (even if technically was in the wrong way.)

To the person who doesn't like civilization, leave your house, get off the internet, and go live in the woods. Come back in a week and tell us how you like civilization then. Get real.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast