Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Police shoot snake and kills a 5 yo boy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For an object of that weight and that size its so small that it can be approximated as about the same . The actual value is around 8.8-10 (for a bullet), which is close to 9.8.

use Cd(rho)V^2A/2 = W
    then: Vterminal = sqrt(2W/Cd(rho)A)

It depends on the mass of the bullet, usually around 0.02-0.04 kg, blah blah blah. If anyone is curious do the math (I'm not doing it for you), and you will see that normal rounds will not kill you by falling. Although lots of people think so, dropping a penny off of the empire state building won't kill you either.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

NICK,NICK,NICK!!!!! Indians....... likeAstone76's Avatar
    Kansas, on the plains with the tumbling tumble weeds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What would have happened if the boy was fishing, got bit by the snake, and died? (assuming the snake was poisonous) Would everyone still say "AHHH, poor snake." Would it be down with the snake instead of the cop?

[QUOTE][Remember we excroched on their habitat. They are not encroching on ours./QUOTE]

Actually, the snake encroched on the birds habitat (if thats the case), and the cop tried to be a hero. Let's not forget our feathered friends here. No wonder Andy never wore a gun.

What is considered man's habitat now days? My house isn't my habitat anymore? The snakes have all the wild and they still need the small piece of property my creepy one bedroom apartment sits on? What happened to being on the top of the foodchain?

[QUOTE][/Call in he experts to get them removed if they are in your house.QUOTE]
    Where have you gone Joe DiMaggio and Steve Irwin?

If the cop was in the wrong for killing the snake, instead of catcing it and releasing it back into the wild, then every person with a mouse trap, roach motel, bug zapper, etc. are just as guilty.
    Here's to the first of the of the day fellas!! To old, D.H. Lawrence!!!!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have a great point. Humans sort of live everywhere, it's not like we have a set range.

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First I don't think the snake was venomous, so if the snake bit the boy, the boy would still be alive. Lets just say that the snake was venomous, since almost all venomous snake bites in the US are non-lethal the boy would probably still be alive. If the snake bit the boy, whose fault would it have been. Since no snake in the US bite offensively, it would have been the boys fault because the snake will always try to get away without contact with a human.

Actually, the snake encroched on the birds habitat (if thats the case)
    Actually the bird was in the snakes domain, the snake did what predators do, eat.

As we build our houses farther and farther into the woods, why do we expect there not to be wildlife in our yards? The animals were here millions of years before we were. So we are building in the animals home.

You mentioned that we are at the top of the food chain. The key word here is CHAIN. It takes all the animals surviving that keeps us on top. Without the snakes, the food chain will soon be broken. That will leave us with out of controlled disease and soon starvation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually the bird was in the snakes domain, the snake did what predators do, eat.
    What about Guam ?
    Z polski y dumny
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    phission......few examples to kinda get my point across the guys using 223 for deer at 700 yards are using bullets weighting 69 grains or about .00447 kilograms(.1577 ounces) and are reliably killing 150ish pound animals easily. give me a say a 338 Winchester Magnum(a cartridge thats 49 years old) load it with 300 grain match bullets(.685 ounces, .019 kilo's) with practice i can make life hell for a person at 1000 yards with ALOT of practice 1500 yards wouldnt be hard (1760 yards to a mile) and i dont consider myself dedicated enough to play at these ranges with experts.

it dont take much to kill a person. the bison hunters were reliably killing critters that weighted in excess of 1 ton at ranges from 100 to 1500 yards. this means the bullet had to penetrate FEET of hide, muscle and bones. a bison shot through one lung can run for miles and occasionally survive. requires both lungs to be punctured to drop them reliably. also these hunters would sit in one spot and wanted to be far enough away that the gun shot not disturb the animals. from their on spot they would drop as many as 250 animals in a day. killing a 100 some pound person at longer distances is easy........ensuring a hit is another thing entirely but a bullet having enough energy to kill is easy to accomplish at VERY long ranges
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Again, you're talking about bullets which still have a Vocos(theta) value, which makes things different depending on said value. When the statement was made that a falling bullet can't kill you, this is in reference to a falling bullet, i.e. one that has a 0 or negligible (arbitrarily small) value for Vocos(theta), and it's velocity/acceleration is completely dependent on the value of sqrt gt/2 and Vosin(theta). If I was better at calculus I'd be able to find out at what range a bullet become ineffective to kill someone, but uhhhh...I'm not. Math sucks.
    Z polski y dumny
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    been 7 years since i last messed with calc dont ask me
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast