SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Police shoot snake and kills a 5 yo boy

Stray police bullet kills Noble youth
    Transcript Staff

A 5-year-old boy died Friday evening after he was apparently hit with a stray bullet from a Noble police officer who was attempting to shoot at a snake, said Noble City Manager Bob Wade.

“I think we need to have a full investigation and gather all the facts,” Wade said. “It makes you wonder why an officer would shoot into the air like that.”

Noble police were responding to a call of a live snake that was stuck in the rafters of a house about 6:30 p.m. Friday in a rural part of Noble in the Crestdale addition off of South Etowah Road when the incident happened, Wade said.

“One of the officers made the decision to shoot the snake,” he said. “After he fired, they heard a commotion coming from a field behind the house.”

A bullet apparently hit the boy who was fishing with a relative nearby, Wade said.

The boy was taken to Norman Regional Hospital, where he was pronounced dead, Wade said.

Noble police chief Ben Daves was at the emergency room late Friday evening and could not be reached for comment.
    The snake was stuck in a bird house and not in the rafters of a house.

I can't believe that a boy died because of peoples fear of snakes. Why's most peoples first reaction when they see something they don't like is to kill it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dependson what kind of snake it is. If I had a rattlesnake or copperhead in my house...I'd probably shoot at it too, but with a shotgun, not with a handgun like an idiot.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    URL?

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.normantranscript.com/loca...216132730.html

Even rattlesnakes should be respected enough to be allowed to live just like any other needed wildlife. This snake was stuck in a birdhouse so I doubt it was venomous and it definitely wasn't endangering any humans.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am shocked, just completely shocked, that it happened in OK.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    uhh, what about the snake? so the guy just shot at the bird house, missed, and it hit the kid? how'd he pass the officers shooting test!?
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the officer shouldnt have been shooting at a snake in a tree as there is no backstop to catch the bullet. this act of stupidity will haunt the guy to his death bed....bad deal for all involved....
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Even if he was a marksman and actually hit the snake, it would have only changed the trajectory of the bullet a little. When I lived in MS, the widespread kneejerk response to a snake was to kill it. One of my high school classmates came to school hobbling and said it was because he shot a snake and one of the pellets went in his foot. He must have been almost standing on it. I saw people almost lose control of their car swerving to hit a snake. Granted, we had some scary snakes and some places were thick with them, but the reactions often overcame any kind of common sense. Snakes trigger something in the inner (reptilian?) part of some people's brains. Especially when their parents and grandparents and so on have raised them that way.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast