Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I HATE Assembly Projects!

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    .... and my youngest finished off the lower rack when he tried putting a bath towel on it. I say slap some plaster pacth in the hole and cover it with tan duct tape and try 2" above it.

I'll tell ya... if I see one more thing that has cams and dowels and glue in a tube.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    PFFFF I built my BEE hives out of baby bones and the blood of the undead. Do you think I needed instructions then? No, I just knew how to build it. And by baby bones I mean wood, and nails. By blood of the undead I mean paint.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by herenorthere View Post
    Instructions?!? Are we not men? Did Rattler mention looking at instructions before he mixed alcohol and prescription pain meds? I think not. Did MFT2 mention looking at instructions before putting sledge hammer to valve? No, again. I don't know if you're noticing the trend, but men don't solve problems by reading instructions. I've never heard of any instructions that say "hold together with duct tape" or "put beer in freezer to get it cold faster."
    Cheers to that! Instructions are for the weak! I remember reading something about assembly and instruction creation in Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance about why instructions never make any sense; but I can't remember what it said right now... So I'm really of no help.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Reminds me of the old Maxwell Smart approach - "Shoot now and ask questions later". I have to read the instructions. This way, after I screw it up, at least I have something to say to my wife when she asks whether I read them or not. It helps put a spin on things!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12