Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Cheaters do win...barry bonds!

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Should the beatles, jimi hendrix, the doors, etc.,etc., be kicked out of the R&R hall of fame for taking drugs?
    No, because they were not using them to cheat! c'mon, thats no comparison. If they had "singing enhancing drugs", then sure, they probably should! Im not saying it was right, but it wasnt cheating!

Sorry about the profanity...i just put in an f followed by 3 astrics though...did i still break it? sorry anyway...
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Because no one in the music industry ever said "We're gonna start testing our musicians for drugs. If they test positive for it, they will be out of the band." Plus, the musicians you mentioned took drugs that made them more creative. it didnt give them extra strength to go out in public and sell cds.

Did the Babe take 'roids? Did Hank Aaron take 'roids?

Bonds do not deserve to be in the 700 club. Sammy Sosa doesn't either (sorry i had to throw his name out ther only because I dislike him)
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Exactly!
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's alright. They are the ones who have to live with the testicular shrinkage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i find all this hilarious..............these ppl are getting paid for our ENTERTAINMENT nothing else. home runs = entertainment...........the only place i think performance enhancing drugs should be kept completely away from is the Olympics.......other than that.....play on.......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rocks stars achieve their "fame" through their creativity, music and entertainment. Its not a competion sport. Two entirely different things IMO. Sports is about competion which can involve various factors but physical condition is usually part of it. Drug restrictions are about making the playing field equal for all. For one person to have an illegal chemical advantage over another who chooses to 1) develop their physical condition by natural means 2) follow the drug restrictions doesn't seem fair to me. Why not achieve what you can achieve naturally without drug enhancement?

Rock stars use drugs for recreation mainly (as do a lot of people). They don't use drugs as a method to achieve "star status" nor to compete against other bands. Either their music and performances are enjoyable to the fans ....or its not.

I'm not into sports much but I'm far more impressed with someone who achieves "greatness" through hard work and talent than drug-induced (un-natural) conditioning.

I don't know if Bonds used steroids or not ... but if he did, that's too bad. The fans will never know if his achievement was driven by natural talent or if drugs provided the juice.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

NICK,NICK,NICK!!!!! Indians....... likeAstone76's Avatar
    Kansas, on the plains with the tumbling tumble weeds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Beatles would have wrote Sgt. Pepper if they had not taken LSD?

They went from singing " I wanna hold your hand" to "I am the Walrus" in a very short period of time. Drugs had nothing to do with that?
    Here's to the first of the of the day fellas!! To old, D.H. Lawrence!!!!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't say drugs never influenced musicians and their works. I said bands aren't competing with other bands where the type and/or number of drugs related directly to their success. There have been tons of drug-influenced music...and art... writings...and other creative/entertainment works.

Drugs do not give one band an advantage over another in regards to being, say, voted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame...where Barry Bonds home run stats would influence his being voted into the Sports Hall of Fame.

Sports IS about competion. The music industry is about entertainment.

By the way...I am the walrus...koo koo ka joo. hehe
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast