Thread: Cheaters do win...barry bonds!

NICK,NICK,NICK!!!!! Indians....... likeAstone76's Avatar
    Kansas, on the plains with the tumbling tumble weeds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am the egg man.

AH, but the truth is, Paul was the walrus, but thats a whole new thread.

Personally, I just feel it's hypocritical to honor these drug addicts, but damn this one.
    Here's to the first of the of the day fellas!! To old, D.H. Lawrence!!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The music industry is about entertainment
    so is pro sports..................when those involved are getting payed that much money entertainment value matters more than actual competition..........let all the SOB's use 'roids........things should get even more entertaining.

there are plenty of other reasons why Bonds achievement shouldnt equal Aaron's.....smaller fields being #1.....however it still takes a great amount of talent to hit that many home runs.....'roids dont improve hand eye coordination.........
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Geez. Is my point all THAT obscure? Yes, sports IS entertainment but the entertainment is the COMPETITION. Teams or individuals competing against other teams or individuals to WIN. No one is going to come to watch the Braves stand around in a stadium hitting balls to an empty field. There is no "winning" in the music other than the random music award. Most true musicians play for the love of their art, not with a primary goal of winning a Grammy. Some musicians don't even show up for the Grammy's because they don't believe in the award.

Sports is sports. Competition where drugs can influence performance and outcomes.

Either make steroids legal for all...or illegal for all. But it isn't fair for some to have a chemical advantage over others when its illegal.
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    im not the one that compared it to music..........watching my brothers, sisters and daughters play is watching competition.....pro sports is closer to a soap opera. granted you have fans of the team but mostly ppl go to see some one get hit, someone hit a home run, keeping up with the idiotic BS off the field such as the 'roid stuff with Bonds. few ppl really give a crap about who plays in the super bowl they just care that the super bowl happens. if true competition is the name of the game go watch high school sports........pro sports is about entertainment not competition.............
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by likeAstone76 View Post
    The Beatles would have wrote Sgt. Pepper if they had not taken LSD?

They went from singing " I wanna hold your hand" to "I am the Walrus" in a very short period of time. Drugs had nothing to do with that?

no...drugs had a LOT to do with that. same goes for led zeppellin, syd barrett, metallica, pink floyd, the who.....i could go on and on naming a bunch of great bands. they all, at one point, did drugs and look what it did, it enhanced our lives.

the comparison of the use of drugs in the MLB is irrelevant to the use of drugs in the music industry. they are two totally different things. the music industry evolves EVERY generation. baseball doesnt. same rules, regulations, song during the 7th inning stretch...blah blah blah

one of reasons (IMHO) why mlb fans are iffy about bonds is because of the fact that he used steroids to get to the 700 club. the 2 other players were able to get 700 HRs without using steroids. can barry not do it? did he have to use steroids just so he can get 700 HRs?

also, when bonds was in the league when the rule came out against steroids. then actually admitted to using it. he was inarguably a hall of famer but the reason people are iffy is because steroids causes you to do a sport a lot better than other players in the league. is that fair? bonds did the roids just to be the best - for vanity reasons. there are kids in the minors who would do it just so they can get in the pros. there are older athletes who might be doing it just so they can last longer in the league. i wouldnt be surprised if randy johnson came out one day and say "hey, the reason i can still pitch on a messed up back is because of the roids". barry bonds took steroids for the opposite reason. he did it so he can look good and get more money and MVP awards.

bonds might've revolutionized baseball by having the record for stolen bases, hrs, walks, and maybe a bunch of other crazy stuff but again, he admitted to using steroids just so he can advance.

im not proof reading this so sorry if it looks kooky
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, can't you understand why someone would do less than honorable activities to get ahead?

Besides, you can certainly have a script for steroids and it doesn't count as abuse if you really need them. At the same time, if you take them, stop and let your levels go down, then go to the doctor you can get a script for more roids because he'll see that your levels are lower than normal.

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just get satisfaction that he has to live with himself and the shadows that will always hang over him. In the grand scheme of things, anyone that dodges the issues like he has may not in fact be guilty but is certainly not brave enough to try and make a difference; just like Mark McGwire.

Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    Geez. Is my point all THAT obscure? Yes, sports IS entertainment but the entertainment is the COMPETITION.
    Wait, PAK. What about battle of the bands contests?! lol. Just kidding!

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Well, can't you understand why someone would do less than honorable activities to get ahead?

yes i can. afterall, i was one of those dorky kids in high school who always got picked last 'cuz i was just really bad at sports.
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast