What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How much does your hobby cost?

I have spent most liekly $150 snce I killed things when I was a newbie and all I use only 100 watts in cfls and an 80 watt shoplight. My dad still thins I use tons of power though :crazy: I like drosera since they are easy to propogate for most species excluding tuberous,wollies and those and they are so many species. Neps are lovely but cost more but heck I have enough drosera to trade for a few cuttings. I love pings,easy urtics,genesilia since they are easy to propoagte and I love th other genereas alot too :D
I spend money on electricity(my parent but crude we have 7 cents per kilowatt thats cheap) no water I use my spring water then filter through a brita and yes it wokrs I slowely sprayed some of the water onto the 800 degree wood stove and there was no white residue
(I used too many I's)

Probably about $30, that got me started and grew my plants outdoors for a year. That's a good chunk of a college student's money, though. Book costs have hit me semester after semester (although I've figured out a few tricks).

Hopefully when I propagate more Sarracenia I'll be able to trade and never spend any money on plants at all! :boogie:

Ahh thx for the reasearch Mr. Flytrap :). I have purchased quite a few CFL replacement bulbs, and they are all over the house. They are quite cheap in the area, because of that rebate. But yeah, SDGE does kind of suck...

Well JM if you don't end up moving to Hawaii, lemme know and I will see if I can make some cuttings for you. I have some Gymnamphora basal cuttings that I am going to be giving away soon, and some of the more common Neps in cuttings. I also have some Ceph divisions I wouldn't mind letting go of.

I heart $30 electric bills, mine have commas in them.

I heart $30 electric bills, mine have commas in them.

Lol wow... I think the highest my electric bill ever got was 800$ when I was living with some crazy roommates. I'm pretty sure our utilities company loved us.

Utility companies never love you... ever...

Back