Likes Likes:  0
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Church learns Vet was gay, cancels memorial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Capslock View Post
    Indeed the "marriage" being discussed is solely a legal contract with the state that confers all manner of financial and obligation-related benefits and protections. To wish to deny those protections and financial benefits to gays is to simply lack humanity and a sense of fairness out of some misguided sense of Biblical obligation (nowhere in which it says to restrict the legal rights of heretics.)
    Where has anyone suggested that homosexuals should be denied those rights and protections ?
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Outsiders, I detest any sort of "reporting" on something like this because it's like snitching. The reason he got upset wasn't because you said it was sinful, but because you said it was as bad as pedophilia.
    Thank you JLAP. I think the reason he really got upset was because he misunderstood what he read. I never defined or compared one sin to another. I just said they were all sins, they all fit under the SAME category...sin.

Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Awfully opinionated for a 14 year old, aren't we jm82792? Care to elaborate on your concurring opinions?
    That's a cheap shot JLAP. Your only 3 years older than him, is it really fair to question his age?
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, you're fast! I went and edited it and then you already posted. It WAS a cheap shot and I'm sorry I said it.

Still, JM. Please elaborate on your opinions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JLAP has already explained earlier the problem is homosexuals want to change the definition of marriage to make gay marriage more socially acceptable.
    Being gay is already socially acceptable. Not very many people care anymore. Haven't you turned the TV on in the past few years? Homosexuality is represented in pop culture just like it is in normal culture, which is the way it should be. Do you want to pretend it doesn't exist or? People are openly gay now more than ever, and all I have to say about that is "finally". I'm not gay, but I can imagine it feels 536230568053x better to be able to come out and know that most people are going to respond with something like "Really? Awesome. So are we still gunna get pizza or what?" Honestly, I don't want to see two guys or two girls making out in public, but I don't want to see a heterosexual couple doing that either. I think PDA is gross every time no matter what.

... What's conservative about you, again?
    Every fiscally-related reason you could ever think of (ESPECIALLY including welfare), I hate affirmative action on the grounds that its reverse discrimination, I don't think illegals should get any protection from the govt whatsoever (including driver's licenses), etc, etc, etc. Like I said, except for those 3 points....everything else. But these are topics for a different thread...
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you're a conservative without most of the bad parts lol. Few people realize republicans are SUPPOSED to be about money, not the crap they are doing now.

In other words, you're the type of Republican I can be friends with without my head exploding lmao!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Outsiders71 View Post
    Homosexuals should be entitled to everyone of those 1400 rights, but not under the term "marriage".
    Did I miss a meeting where we divided up who got what words in the english language cause I really would have liked to own the word abscond cause its fun to say.

Seriously though where do Christians believe their right to the word "marriage" comes from. And dont say the bible as the orgin of the the word marriage is anglo-french according to Merrium Webster. This would be the word comes from a language that the bible was translated into. If the orgin of the word was from a Semetic language well you might have an argument there. Seriously how did Christianity get a monopoly on the word "marriage"?
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Homosexuals should be entitled to everyone of those 1400 rights, but not under the term "marriage".
    Because the term "marriage" SHOULD HAVE NO LEGAL IMPLICATIONS FOR ANYONE. Period.

I don't know why it seems to be so muddled here in the U.S.

There are TWO parts to a union: the legal recognition of partnership and the ceremony. These are two distinct parts and according to the Constitution they are not allowed to infringe on one another.

The ceremony; whether it be Christian, any other religion, or no religion at all is purely up to those parties involved; as long as no one is harmed, the law stays OUT. The result of this ceremony is in no way legally binding and has no other legal ramifications.

The legal recognition of union bestows the legal rights upon the parties involved. It's the same every single time; man-man, man-woman, woman-woman. Just as the law does not have its hand in the ceremony, the aspects of the ceremony do not hold overlapping authority with the law.

If this would be clearly defined in the US, we wouldn't have the problem. Frankly, whether a religious entity does or does not want to do something is up to them. HOWEVER, as long as said religious choices have LEGAL implications, something is broken.

The legal aspect of the union is the only part that should be considered by the law. The eyes of God and the eyes of the State are two different stories.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    {mod}

This is obviously a hot button topic, and you all will be commended at the end of the day if you follow a basic rule of this forum: treat each other with respect. With that said, please continue.

Oh, and don't bypass the word filter.
    Amen, brother!

This warrants a second post. Be sure to READ XVART'S PREVIOUS POST IF YOU ARE PARTICIPATING IN THIS THREAD.

Keep it clean, keep it respectful, or you'll have us (us being mods) knockin' on your PM box door.

{/mod}
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast