Thread: Church learns Vet was gay, cancels memorial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I haven't been around here in a while, but:

What's with all the christian hoopla?

The bible tells You the truth:

John 4:22--"Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews."

If You are not a Jew--then You don't get Salvation. Period. If You are a Jew--then You reject Jesus as the "Messiah". What's so difficult?

Oh, Paul the Apostle--the guy that wasn't even there. Who are You going to believe? Some guy who wasn't even there? Or, Your "Messiah"! Seems like a No-Brainer to me. But if You believe Jesus--then You don't get Salvation, and If You believe Paul--then Your Messiah is a liar, and Your God has a proven track record of never being able to get anything right--the first time. What a Predicament. Woman to fix man's lonliness, then a flood to fix God's mistake of creation, then Jesus to figure out what's so difficult and fix what creation had created and the flood didn't fix. Paul to correct Jesus' application of salvation to jews only. Sheesh.

Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the Best of Intentions.

More people have died "in the name of God" than for any other reason--most at the hands of some "Church".

The majority of the people on this planet are not Christians (Muslims, Buddist, hindus, etc, etc, etc)--so according to the bible about 5 1/2 Billion people (currently) are going to either be destroyed or tormented for Eternity! Some "Loving" God.

Do Ya'll want to discuss religion, gay rights or CPs......?

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is the general discussion. We can discuss religion and gay rights here if we want to. If you have a problem with it, why post here?

I used to think the same about hell. Now I see it differently. We are all automatically going to hell, but when we ask Christ for forgiveness plucks us up (much like the way you cherry picked that one verse from the entire book) and saves us from it. Sort of like rescuing someone right before they plunge off a waterfall. If you don't believe in him, he can't do anything for you.

Just my opinion. I still have a strong aversion to organized religion of any kind. Except Unitarian Universalism, but that's not really "organized" at all. I also can't stand people who try to convert anyone else. Makes me sick and I think spiritual beliefs should remain private because no one else wants to here it. I only talk about it in these kinds of threads, and even then I'm apprehensive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry, there's no "Cherry Picking" here. Christians are the ones who "Cherry Pick" the words of Paul--instead of the words of Jesus above. Self-serving is what it is.

~16 posts in a 12 page thread=~1.3 posts/page--doesn't seem very "Apprehensive" to me....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's not your place to tell my what my motives or thoughts are, now is it? Almost all of those posts weren't even about religion, they were about gay rights. Did you read them at all?

Every religion likes to cherry pick. You did, too, as you ignored everything Jesus said and chose that one verse that says only Jews can be saved.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jesus said: "salvation is of the Jews"

Period.

I accept it.

You deal with it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have to deal with squat because I don't have any problems with what you believe Whatever makes you happiest is what you should do, because I don't care.

Period.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Let me quote you:

Like I said, I live in the real world lmao.
    Here's the link to that quote in this thread:

http://www.terraforums.com/forums/sh...6&postcount=19

Of course You don't have to deal with it--You just make it up as You go along. You don't care what Your Messiah said---because:

Like I said, I live in the real world lmao.

Your hypocrisy is showing.....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I want to make it up as I go along (which I don't) and not conform to a doctrine, I'll damn well do so. I don't need to read an archaic book or follow any rituals or go to a Synagogue because why? Because you think I need to? That's laughable.

I'll say it again. I live in the real world lmao. Don't like it? Too damn bad.