User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
Results 33 to 40 of 143

Thread: Church learns Vet was gay, cancels memorial

  1. #33
    herenorthere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    almost Hartford
    Posts
    3,785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After enough mentions of gay, the google ad switches to match, the ahem, interest of the readers. I wonder if it also happens when people fill a forum with gay hatred.
    Bruce in CT

    Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

  2. #34
    Metal King
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    St.Catharines, Ontario,Canada
    Posts
    853
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dunno, but that ad is pretty awesome- nothin at all wrong with it, I just love the juxtaposition, is all
    Da Growlist

    "You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

  3. #35
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Well that's a nice christen thing to do. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't Jesus preach love and acceptance? Didn't Jesus associate with the people not accepted by people of his time? And all this time I thought the christen religion was based on the teachings of Jesus.
    The anti-Christianity horde just sits and waits at the dinner table with fork in hand, mouths drooling, waiting for news like this! Waiting to point the finger and generalize the Christian faith as a fake. I think it's safe to say most people accept that Christians believe in God, Jesus and the Holy spirit but I think people forget that there is an opposition. Satan. News like this is used as a weapon to combat the Christian faith and to keep non-believers...non-believers and haters...haters. How often do you hear on the news the good things that...wait that's an oxymoron.

    Homosexuality is a sin, just as lusting, adultery, stealing, murder, drunkenness (of any kind), incest..need I go further? Sin is simply anything that misses the mark of God and they are equal in God's eyes. You have free will, you can choose to serve God or indulge in the desires of the flesh but you can't serve both. You are either killing sin or sin is killing you. Can you pursue a lifestyle of sin and still be saved? Anything is possible thanks to God's mercy and grace and those quick to judge homosexuals need to remind themselves that they will be judged by the SAME God. However what people fail to comprehend is that God is not just for the ticket to heaven but this life we are living now. When you are living a life full of sin you are preventing God from blessing and working in your life. Sin only satisfies you temporarily like a drug, then you have to go and get some more to feel good. Each time it promises and entices you to do it again because it'll be so much better the next time but lets you down. It never satisfies. When you replace the sin in your life for a relationship with God it changes everything. Jesus sweat blood just pondering being disconnected from God.

    Regardless of how great God is, there will be people who choose to live their own lives serving their flesh, which is their right to choose. However marriage is a covenant between one man, one woman and God. God forgives sin but does not endorse it. That is why gay marriage does not work. Homosexuals should be allowed to have the same legal rights as a heterosexuals but to use the word marriage just isn't right. If homosexuals are not happy with having equal rights and being called a civil union than I think there is a more underlying agenda here. That would be that homosexuals are more concerned with using the word "marriage" to make their unions deemed as socially acceptable and the "norm" which it isn't. It's the same with being an alcoholic, drug addict, gambler, thief, murder, or pedophile should these be deemed as socially acceptable because people choose to live their lives this way?
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  4. #36
    Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Posts
    9,681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We aren't happy with equal rights and having civil unions, because a civil union is not the same as marriage. It's the word we want. "Just as good" or "the same rights" is NOT the same when it's called two different things. Last time I checked, this was called THE SEPERATE BUT EQUAL DOCTINE! This is the problem I have with Hillary Clinton. She's anti Gay marriage but when confronted with it on LOGO she became uncomfortable and said "I prefer to think I'm strongly pro-civil union" or something along those lines. If I thought Kucinich had a shot in Hell at winning over Obama or Hillary, I'd vote for him.

    Last time I checked, the water fountain on the left worked just like the one on the right. Does that make it OK? No. If you do not support gay marriage, you do not support equality. Plain and simple. Equality is being able to get married. If we can't get married, we aren't equals. I'm sorry you think you're better than me. I'm sorry you think that love should be segregated, because when you don't support gay marriage, you are supporting sexual segregation.


    I can not believe you just compared being gay to being a pedophile or a murderer. I'm in shock and just don't even know how to address that. I can't comprehend how you could even say that. Even if you THOUGHT it, I can't believe you said it.

    Is it because you "love us" that you say these things? You "love us" so you feel you must limit our freedom, make us second class citizens, and call our love filthy and sinful? I'm sorry you feel this way.

  5. #37

    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ft. Worth, TX
    Posts
    2,251
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do you need the word for? Who cares...it's a word. Gay marriage (to me) is a total nonissue. I honestly could not care less either way, but it makes me think: if you're gay and you want to get married, move to a state or country that allows it. Texas for example does not, and I wouldn't be surprized if it stayed that way for ever. I can appreciate you and other gays have things you want (like marriage), but Texans have things they want, like no gay marriage for whatever reason. Gays make up a negligible amount of the population, and by trying to get gay marriage legalized in Texas, you are asking more or less asking an entire state to change their beliefs and shun the way they were brought up (in some cases). Since we live in a "democracy", it would be voted on, and like I said, it will never happen here.

    Equality is being able to get married. If we can't get married, we aren't equals.
    You gotta admit though, logically a man and a man is not the same as a man and a woman. Its like saying 2 cars is the same as a car and a bicycle. They're just not the same exact thing, and thus they can't be referred to as exactly the same.

    because when you don't support gay marriage, you are supporting sexual segregation.
    Are you serious? I've had plenty of gay friends and homosexuality doesn't bother me at all. I don't "support" it because I don't go to rallies or do anything for it, but I also don't discourage it or have anything against it. What I do have a problem with is comparing the way homosexuals are treated now to the civil rights movement and racial segregation. Gays in America never have and never will have to deal with things like Jim Crow laws, etc. That is WAY overstepping the bounds. Lets get serious here.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

  6. #38
    Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Posts
    9,681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We care. Until it's called marriage, we won't be EQUAL. The word "Civil Union" is not the same (equal) as the word "Marriage" We shouldn't have to move. Straight people don't need to move to get married, so why should we have to? You mentioned your glad people like myself have thing we want, like marriage. I can't get married (not that I'd want to until I'm like...40) since I live in Georgia. I'm not sure we're even allowed to get civil unions here. If I remember correctly, GA was the second state to strike civil unions down as invalid.

    Upbringing is no excuse for ignorance. Lots of people were brought up to believe HORRIBLE things across the spectrum of hate; that doesn't make it OK. This is a democracy, yes. It's also a democracy that protects the rights of it's people, even if the population is against it at one time or another. That's what we want. To have the same rights. The same words. To be treated equally.

    You're right. Two men technically isn't equal to a man and a woman. If we were perfectly equal, we'd all be androgynous hermaphrodites lmao. But what does anatomy matter? Races aren't technically the same, but that doesn't mean one is superior over another and that they shouldn't all enjoy the same rights and equality.Races are equal. Sexualities are equal, too. LOVE is equal.


    To me, not discouraging it or having anything against it is support Look at Zappa. He has the whole religious view on it, but his PERSONAL view, to me, is supportive. If he doesn't vote against it, I'm one happy camper! I support woman's rights, animal's rights, etc. but I don't "do" anything like protest.

    What the AA's went through isn't the same AT ALL or even on the same LEVEL as what the gays are going through. Please don't take what I said as that. Their struggle for equality was INFINITELY worse, but it is still comparable to the gay struggle because, fundamentally, it was still about the same issue. Equality.

  7. #39
    Outsiders71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,005
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    We aren't happy with equal rights and having civil unions, because a civil union is not the same as marriage. It's the word we want. "Just as good" or "the same rights" is NOT the same when it's called two different things. Last time I checked, this was called THE SEPERATE BUT EQUAL DOCTINE! This is the problem I have with Hillary Clinton. She's anti Gay marriage but when confronted with it on LOGO she became uncomfortable and said "I prefer to think I'm strongly pro-civil union" or something along those lines. If I thought Kucinich had a shot in Hell at winning over Obama or Hillary, I'd vote for him.
    Well you answered my question. You don't want equal rights, you want social acceptance. You truely believe that using the term marriage will change the social opinion of the practice?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Last time I checked, the water fountain on the left worked just like the one on the right. Does that make it OK? No. If you do not support gay marriage, you do not support equality. Plain and simple. Equality is being able to get married. If we can't get married, we aren't equals. I'm sorry you think you're better than me. I'm sorry you think that love should be segregated, because when you don't support gay marriage, you are supporting sexual segregation.
    If gays had the same legal rights as heterosexual marriages, but were called civil unions they would be equal under the law. I don't think I'm better than you. Calling your relationship a civil union doesn't segregate love.

    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    I can not believe you just compared being gay to being a pedophile or a murderer. I'm in shock and just don't even know how to address that. I can't comprehend how you could even say that. Even if you THOUGHT it, I can't believe you said it.
    Aren't all those ways of life sinful? Isn't homosexuality a sin?

    Quote Originally Posted by JustLikeAPill View Post
    Is it because you "love us" that you say these things? You "love us" so you feel you must limit our freedom, make us second class citizens, and call our love filthy and sinful? I'm sorry you feel this way.
    Your freedom isn't limited by being labeled a civil union and by being given the same legal rights. Your love is your business, until you try to bend and distort the meaning of marriage.
    James 1:17

    "Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

  8. #40
    Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Metro Atlanta Area
    Posts
    9,681
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excuse you. Where have I said we do not want equal rights? I said equal rights weren't enough because, if you'll think about it, we won't have them until we can marry. Then we'll be equal. We have the SAME rights, not EQUAL rights.

    It does segregate love. Civil unions are NOT equal to marriage. They won't be until it's called the same thing.

    I live in the real world, not in the bible. The real world doesn't care if God considers all sin equal. No one cares. To God, lying to your parents may be equally bad as killing them. Guess what? God doesn't pay taxes so I'm afraid what he thinks doesn't matter. And we can debate about how to interpret sin, too. To me, no, homosexuality is not a sin. It's innate. If God didn't want there to be gay people, there wouldn't be. It's in our nature. You can say it's innate in a pedophile to be... a pedophile. That's a mental illness. It's sad, and needs treatment. If you say "well homosexuality IS a mental illness" I'll say the science doesn't say so at all, and in the real world, science trumps an old archaic book.

    If "it's just a word" and "your freedom won't be limited", why don't we call marriage something else? Why don't we do away with it and have Civil Unions or Domestic Partnerships for everyone, if you say freedom wouldn't be limited? Then we'd all be equal. OR, let's get rid of the government's role in marriage and leave it ENTIRELY up to the churches, where it should be, what with separation of church and state. Then I'd be quite happy because if one church wouldn't do it, the next one would.

Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •