What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Church learns Vet was gay, cancels memorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Three, almost four but it doesn't matter. I apologize for my comment.

So, you agree with one set of words completely, and also with another that says something contradictory to the first? That's like saying "I support abortion, but I also don't support abortion, too." Come on now..... You're once again not making sense.

And you never explained what you were trying to say about the third world.

I'm tired with this thread.
Thanks for the apology :)

That's OK, if you want to give up instead of backing up, or at least demystifying your statements so someone could understand what you're talking about, be my guest. This is the kind of passion we need more of from the right.

It was towards JM, Phission.

Oh yeah, there's a CNN special about God's warriors coming up. Three nights in a row on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday showing Jews, Muslims, and Christians. The previews of the Christian Crazies look horrifying. Worse than Jesus Camp.

I am just getting tired of replying to this stuff

Uh...can y'all stop saying "get it up" and stop going into explicit detail?? Don't forget where you are... a kid/family friend web site. I think the TOPIC (gay serviceman being denied a memorial...remember??) can be discussed without getting so graphic.

Personally I have never understood why people concern themselves SO much with someone else's business (sexual, religious, etc.). If more people payed attention to their own path through life instead of worrying about what Joe Smith down the street is doing, this would be a MUCH better world.

Who CARES if Bill and Joe in Schmoetown USA want to get married or if they want to crack open a cold beer with a pizza?? I don't get it... ???

This country was founded on the concept of freedom, religious and otherwise. I don't mind religion at all until it goes beyond the individual to encroach on other people's lives in a negative way.

At any rate, for any SERVICE PERSON to be denied being honored for the sacrifices he or she made for this country is appalling. Its just unbelievable any FEELING human being could do that.

leave it to PAK to revive a topic with a mod-esque comment when it had already been dead for days :slap:

If more people payed attention to their own path through life instead of worrying about what Joe Smith down the street is doing, this would be a MUCH better world.

I hate Joe Smith!

His grass is always greener too. I worry he's using lawn chemicals.

Topics never die. They just get hijacked. :-P-:

No green grass here. Mine is fried a nice brown. Well, except for the weeds that never die no matter what the growing conditions.

NOW. Y'all wanna discuss gay marriage...just make it another topic. HEY! What a novel idea I just had! :D Why didn't someone think of it back...like...2 pages ago. lol

In all honesty here, the topic was hijacked starting from page 1. Now someone tie up PAK so this thread can die.

I haven't been around here in a while, but:

What's with all the christian hoopla?

The bible tells You the truth:

John 4:22--"Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for salvation is of the Jews."

If You are not a Jew--then You don't get Salvation. Period. If You are a Jew--then You reject Jesus as the "Messiah". What's so difficult?

Oh, Paul the Apostle--the guy that wasn't even there. Who are You going to believe? Some guy who wasn't even there? Or, Your "Messiah"! Seems like a No-Brainer to me. But if You believe Jesus--then You don't get Salvation, and If You believe Paul--then Your Messiah is a liar, and Your God has a proven track record of never being able to get anything right--the first time. What a Predicament. Woman to fix man's lonliness, then a flood to fix God's mistake of creation, then Jesus to figure out what's so difficult and fix what creation had created and the flood didn't fix. Paul to correct Jesus' application of salvation to jews only. Sheesh.

Some of the worst things imaginable have been done with the Best of Intentions.

More people have died "in the name of God" than for any other reason--most at the hands of some "Church".

The majority of the people on this planet are not Christians (Muslims, Buddist, hindus, etc, etc, etc)--so according to the bible about 5 1/2 Billion people (currently) are going to either be destroyed or tormented for Eternity! Some "Loving" God.

Do Ya'll want to discuss religion, gay rights or CPs......?

This is the general discussion. We can discuss religion and gay rights here if we want to. If you have a problem with it, why post here?

I used to think the same about hell. Now I see it differently. We are all automatically going to hell, but when we ask Christ for forgiveness plucks us up (much like the way you cherry picked that one verse from the entire book) and saves us from it. Sort of like rescuing someone right before they plunge off a waterfall. If you don't believe in him, he can't do anything for you.

Just my opinion. I still have a strong aversion to organized religion of any kind. Except Unitarian Universalism, but that's not really "organized" at all. I also can't stand people who try to convert anyone else. Makes me sick and I think spiritual beliefs should remain private because no one else wants to here it. I only talk about it in these kinds of threads, and even then I'm apprehensive.

Sorry, there's no "Cherry Picking" here. Christians are the ones who "Cherry Pick" the words of Paul--instead of the words of Jesus above. Self-serving is what it is.

~16 posts in a 12 page thread=~1.3 posts/page--doesn't seem very "Apprehensive" to me....

It's not your place to tell my what my motives or thoughts are, now is it? Almost all of those posts weren't even about religion, they were about gay rights. Did you read them at all?

Every religion likes to cherry pick. You did, too, as you ignored everything Jesus said and chose that one verse that says only Jews can be saved.

Jesus said: "salvation is of the Jews"

Period.

I accept it.

You deal with it.

I don't have to deal with squat because I don't have any problems with what you believe :) Whatever makes you happiest is what you should do, because I don't care.

Period.

If I want to make it up as I go along (which I don't) and not conform to a doctrine, I'll damn well do so. I don't need to read an archaic book or follow any rituals or go to a Synagogue because why? Because you think I need to? That's laughable.

I'll say it again. I live in the real world lmao. Don't like it? Too damn bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back