Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Church learns Vet was gay, cancels memorial

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Church learns Vet was gay, cancels memorial

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20221295/?GT1=10252

ARLINGTON, Texas - A megachurch canceled a memorial service for a Navy veteran 24 hours before it was to start because the deceased was gay.

Officials at the nondenominational High Point Church knew that Cecil Howard Sinclair was gay when they offered to host his service, said his sister, Kathleen Wright. But after his obituary listed his life partner as one of his survivors, she said, it was called off.

Its a slap in the face. Its like, Oh, were sorry he died, but hes gay so we cant help you, she said Friday.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow.

yeah so forget the fact that the man fought for the lives of the people in this country. while we're in our beds at night, men like him were out fighting just to make sure we sleep safely and wake up to a less chaotic morning....let's all disregard that - hiss sexual orientation is not accepted in our society. oh and god doesn't let "the gays" go to heaven.

sick.
    Go White Sox!!

"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace." -J Hendrix

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only thing that surprises me is that people would be surprised by this.

Jesus never mentioned homosexuality, and being straight is not a requirement to go to Heaven. If it was that damn important he would have mentioned it, is my opinion. It doesn't say "God sent his only son to save the world, but only the straight people!"

OMG when his best friend was a hooker, I don't think he'd give a rat's behind about who I spend my life with. Unfortunately, a lot of people want to bend our lifestyle to their will and would much rather us be alone then love and be loved. Guess they love us SO much, they want to oppress us "for our own good."

Just my two cents on that can of worms.

Unfortunately, when a lot of people think of homosexuals, they think of Queer as Folk. They think of drug crazed sex and decadent hedonism. Not that these things are bad (to me) but they aren't getting the full spectrum of homosexuality. They don't think about the parents adopting kids and going to PTA meetings, and participating in the neighborhood watch program, or the immense GLBT culture of film, art, and literature. They don't think of the THOUSANDS of people discharged from the military for being gay. They think of poppers and meth, orgies and AIDS and it's just sad.

Poppers and meth, orgies and AIDS would make a really good name for a documentary. Someone call Michael Moore!
    Last edited by PlantAKiss; 08-13-2007 at 09:49 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wooo, go texas >.>

here in oregon, i'd be willing to bet they would have given him full honors. But thats how things are.. some places lag behind in valuing the right s and memories of people... texas is notorious for such thnigs. (no offense to any CP growers in texas)
    ~The Fallen and Forgotten~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Most of the things I'd like to say in response to this would get me banned, so I'll just say that the church in question is run by bigots who deserve a variety of unpleasant things.
    The Best Part About Being a Sociopath is Never Having to Say You're Sorry.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Someone call Michael Moore!
    Sweet jesus please don't.
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I thought them cheesy megachurches would do anything for a buck?!?!?

This is an affront to religious capitalism!!!!

How dare they deny their profit/prophet

Okay, enough of that. Not surprising, JLAP, sad but true. Glad this kind of thing is more concentrated far away from where I live is all I gots ta say.

If it came out Dubya was gay, would THAT get him impeached?? It happened to Clinton and he was STRAIGHT, so I would think that would be the way it would shake down
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I heard about this and it's disgusting!
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast