Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: fifth anniversary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

fifth anniversary

so, its my girlfriend and I's fifth anniversary on the 21st (which is also my birthday). She is a vegan, and i am a vegetarian, and i wanted to get her something sweet and indulgent. I want to get her something like a dark, rich, and very good chocolate, but she's a vegan so thusly that's a no-no.

I want to find a tasty treat that is vegan friendly - meaning there are NO animal things involved. If anyone could give me some suggestions, i would greatly appreciate it. Usually i just get her dried fruit and organic things of that nature, but i wanna do something different this year.
    ~The Fallen and Forgotten~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm... i firmly believe that your body needs small amounts of nutrients provided by animals- for example, protiens found in milk and othe animal products.

i can't think of anything vegan friendly that's yummy. when you say sweet things- i think cookies, brownies, ice cream or something. all of which have milk and/or eggs. a sugar cube, perhaps?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmm... i firmly believe that your body needs small amounts of nutrients provided by animals-
    Why do you think there never has been and never will be a vegan bodybuilder? Well actually they "are", but they'll never look good or get big at all.

Nothing vegan tastes good, but look here: http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...an_sweets.html

As Maddox would say..."for every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat two".
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    dried fruit slices?
    Alex
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As humans, we have synthesized everything we need from animals except for the omega-3 fatty acid found in fish. We do not NEED to eat animals - but i am not out to change the world, and neither is my girlfriend. We do it for ourselves, and we don't want to change your mind.
    As for the vegan body builder - yes, there has been. My girlfriend isn't a body builder, but she's stronger than most meat eating people i have met. We both work out religiously in strength and cardio training. I personally am a cage-fighter when the chance arises - with a 5-1-2 record.

Good for maddox :3 i actually ahve his alphabet of manliness book in my collection.

So far, Glider ahs the best advice of fruit, but i always get fruit!

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I suggest you call this place up. It's in Eugene, OR so it seems like the perfect place to go.

http://www.sweetlifedesserts.com/

Says "We also offer products with no dairy, eggs, or animal products; and wheat or gluten free desserts."

Anyone should be able to make anything if you're willing to pay a little extra and call in advance. I hope this helps. Otherwise if you're able to order from online: http://www.sjaaks.com/

Better order like, now, AND have a back up plan in case they come late if you're going the online route. Paying for overnight shipping is an option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I personally am a cage-fighter when the chance arises - with a 5-1-2 record
    If I ever make it to Oregon we should have a spar. I do BJJ w/ enough dirty muay thai to get by. I almost exclusively use elbows and chokes though. What about yourself?

As for the vegan body builder - yes, there has been. My girlfriend isn't a body builder, but she's stronger than most meat eating people i have met.
    I went from 140 to 185 w/ 7% bodyfat in 6 months. Try that running on nothing but veggies .
    Z polski y dumny
    Prayer - how to do nothing and still think you're helping.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5F5aCUNE4Z8
    ^^^Newest vid

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    If I ever make it to Oregon we should have a spar. I do BJJ w/ enough dirty muay thai to get by. I almost exclusively use elbows and chokes though. What about yourself?
    nice! muay Thai here, throwing mainly elbows, also use Aikido (my first martial art) somewhat successfully, though its hard concerning rules. Also employ kick-boxing and american wrestling(i am mainly a striker, but know how to sprawl out and have good take-down defense). I am envious though - you know BJJ - there is nobody here in Eugene to teach it, and i want to learn it so badly.

Quote Originally Posted by phissionkorps View Post
    I went from 140 to 185 w/ 7% bodyfat in 6 months. Try that running on nothing but veggies .
    well, i dropped from 260 to 220 in about 6 months when i first took up being a vegetarian. Now though, i'v balanced out at 230-235. I'm 6'8 by the way :3

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast