Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sometimes it happens that way

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool pics, I see him hiding behind the log there looking at us in the second to last pic.....
    I've found a quick way to ID a cotton mouth, when they are on land they seem to always hold their heads up at about a 30 to 45 degree angle. Idunno if I'd bank on that always holding ture:-)

Here are a couple of photos I took in The Everglades
    Photo1
    Photo2
    (These photos are too wide for this forums formatting)

I can see the patterning on the back of the snake you found is strikingly similar that of a cotton mouth...
    Although I have never found one that was very aggressive, I have a feeling if your snake had been a cotton mouth and he went to the trouble to strike at you he very well may have made it count.......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PlantAKiss View Post
    You must have tasted like Spam and not chicken...so he let go. At least you know now that "tasty morsel" doesn't apply to you. lol

BTW...Niki I just saw your "great googly moogly"....my old Algebra teacher in high school used to say that. He would also waggle his scalp and slam a yard stick down on a desk when it was quiet while we were taking a test. Everybody would jump. lol
    LOL....that's not very nice of him

Nice pics Igrow!
    Great Googly Moogly!

Beware of the yellow snow!

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trust me I can tell the difference between a cottonmouth and a watersnake. The reason I made this mistake was because it was dark and I saw the pattern and then I just grabbed a box and he crawled right in. I never even looked at his head. as soon as I took the lid off, I immediately saw the head and instantly knew what I had.

By the way here's a pic of a watersnake I found one time. He was so nice I let him hang around my neck while I drove around looking for more snakes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's a nice story. Here's a black garter snake that used to hang around the house. It was a real sweetheart like your water snake. Except for its spitting habit. Maybe it grew up in a tobacco chewing household.

[IMG][/IMG]
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dude, where did you learn to id snakes? I'd be embarrassed if I were you. Even a person that don't know snakes knows that is an eastern hognose. They are the only snake that has a cobra like hood.

You need to get one of them snake field guides.

I know that you're red faced with embarrassment so I won't laugh at you anymore. (Out loud at least)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12