Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: wild weather pics

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are some pics I took during the approch of Hurricane Ophelia a few years ago. She was an extremely slow hurricane. It took days to hit land. The the hurricane lasted a day and a half.

I took the next two pics about 5 minutes apart. I took the first one because of the color of the sky. Little did I know at the time that it was about to get even stranger.

If you would like to see the pics during and after the storm I'll have to look it up and post a link.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The storm I took the photo of never did produce a waterspout Philcula. It was about ninty degrees when I took the pic but the temp dropped at least twenty degrees as the storm moved ashore and the wind "rearranged" my patio furniture.

Nice pics Ozzy. Did you do any surfing?

NICK,NICK,NICK!!!!! Indians....... likeAstone76's Avatar
    Kansas, on the plains with the tumbling tumble weeds
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is not near as wild pic as vft guy in SJ (classic by the way man ), but it is a pic of a storm. Nothing like a field of soybeans in your backyard huh?
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Here's to the first of the of the day fellas!! To old, D.H. Lawrence!!!!

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No surfing that day. I did all my surfing in my teen years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I could have taken pictures of the storm Erin yesterday but I was asleep. (I,m a night person lol) It didn't rain as much as I thought. It didn't even leave puddles in my yard!

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love weather stuff! Especially storms and tornados. Those are some awsome photos.

Last nite was wild here. Storms moved in about 7:30. At first it just got dark and nothing was happening. Then the wind started! Stuff was flying through the air. Pecans were hitting the deck like bullets. Storms waxed and waned for the next 7 hours. There were flash flood warnings. Some lightning strikes were CLOSE! Very loud! It was quite the light show outside. Every time there was a really loud, close bang, Ollie would jump up and bark. lol Even when it sounded like it was all over...and I was starting to drift off to sleep...there would be close strikes that would wake me up and make Ollie growl.

Earlier in the evening after the first storm and after the NASC meeting, I was on the computer typing "I'd better get off the computer before I am blown off"...and ZAP! Power blinked on and off and I was booted. Luckily I never lost power totally although my TV and phone kept cutting on and off (which was odd since other stuff didn't).

Best thing is...we got RAIN!!! We needed it sooooooooo badly. My bogs are full...my water buckets are full...I've got free water at last!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The hurricane is coming should I pack up, or stay and take pics?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Obviously you should risk your life and everything you care for to get a few photos for us. Make sure you post them before the power fails in case you don't survive the storm. Good luck!
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast