What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New forum *thing*!! added features!

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
Hello all... As you probably figured out, I'm always searching for the next "cool" thing for the forum. I'm working on one project that hopefully will be announced in the next week, but until then I did a quick one. Waaaaaaay back in the day, there was a chat room here and it was pretty popular. But for whatever reason it went away. No, I didn't install a chat room :sorry: I think I did better! I installed a chatbox! "What the heck is that?" you may ask. Simply put, it's a chat room built onto the forum pages. I think with it right there where you can see it on the way in, more people are likely to use it. MAYBE this will help cut down on some of *those* off topic posts :nono: :hail: hahahaa

I installed it last night, and opened it up to the mods... we've posted a lil bit in it to make sure it's stable, and now I'm announcing it to you all, but only opening it up to the Thank You members. (cause I'm always looking for more benefits for these guys!) but that will only last a few days, then it will be open for everyone...

Also let me add, it has the added benefit, just like the forum, that if you don't want to see it just click the minus sign on the right hand side just above the "title" and it will "minimize" it so you don't even have to look at it.

ALSO, SAME FORUM RULES APPLY! So make sure you know the forum rules. There will be a log kept that we can check if necessary. So if you don't want it read, don't type it. Be nice, don't cuss, no buying/selling all of that stuff. Just friendly chatter!!

Sounds cool huh?? I'm going to add a screen shot of it, so you all know what's coming :) See ya there!!!!

-Andrew

neat! :)

It's neat. First time I saw it today I thought I had done something wrong and was getting an error message or something.

Seperate page for the chatbox: http://www.terraforums.com/forums/mgc_chatbox.php

So if you want to have it open while you browse the forums. It times out in 10 mins (with no activity from you)(both the built in one, and the own page one) you just need to refresh to reactivate it.

Browsing with Firefox, The chat window is timing out about every about 15 sec's....

i'm using firefox with no problem, it does refresh every 20 seconds maybe that is what you're seeing.. may also be different to you since you dont' have user access yet.

yeah, it times out at the first refresh... I dunno... It will be open to you guys soon. :)

Last edited:
First time I saw it today I thought I had done something wrong and was getting an error message or something.
^Same here. :)
Looks good! First time I've ever seen one on a forum. Looking forward to using it!

I opened it to members. Seems most the glitches and settings are set now. I should add, that you CAN ignore people.
Use commands: /ignore name and /deignore name
If anyone is bothering you. Then report it to a mod right away.

Give your comments and such in this topic :)

That's cool. Thanks for thinking of new things to do for the forums. Now...when do the mods get a paycheck?? That would be new.

:-))

Geeze, when ya'll decide to put in a half decent day's work...:nono: :eyerolls:

heheheeee

:0o: :censor:

I like it so far

Sorry to DP but this is odd, this new box thing

reputation_balance.gif

"finch is an unknown quantity at this point"

On what grounds are "rep points" earned??

What's going on with the box things? What's happening?

Where am I? I like the idea of reputation.

chill out fellahs... mods are playing. if anything is decided on something new... you'll know about it. right now, ya'll can just see boxes. and that's all you can do. so enjoy the chat feature, and leave the boxes alone :)

WARNING!!!!

Do not make changes in your user control panel. If you do, you will LOSE the chat box. it will disappear like you never had it. This is a reported problem from other forums and is being worked on. Until then, don't change anything if you want to use the chat. This is reported to be "The best" Shoutbox out, but the guy had a family emergency and is away from supporting the product. Just an FYI. I can't help you if you mess it up.

Andrew

Right now I see that I can add to my own rep. (not that I'd do that. How tacky!) but not any one elses.

Ummmm.... OK. Here's a screen shot.

Back