What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Theft!

So I was on vacation last week, and came home to find that my S. 'Scarlet Belle' had been stolen. Unfortunately it was a very large plant, about 14" in diameter. Also taken with the planter were a VFT 'Bristle Tooth' and VFT 'Shark's Teeth' that I had traded for earlier this summer. I'm upset by the financial loss of these valuable plants, but mostly saddened that they'll be dead in a few months without the proper care. Guaranteed they'll be left to dry out, then watered with tap water until death. I'm just praying that whoever has them decides to return them when they start looking shabby, so I'll have the chance to save them. Ugh!

That sucks. I'm sorry. :( Do you live in a house or apartment? Were the plants out where someone could grab them?

wow. what an odd thing for a common individual to steal.

sorry for your loss. what was the value on that thing? do you know of any other plant people in the area?

Pfft I would have just stolen a bit of the rhimzone. What jerks.

Just kidding dont do that kids.

Well I have a good amount of money into my bog garden atleast my neighbors can't see my house or bog garden.
That stinks maybe the guy will get really guilty and give them back.

Im so sorry. Some people, blech...

Did they brake in to get them?

Stupid brats. Seriously if I saw that...

Dumb idiots think they can steal and it'll work out for them but they'll just kill the plants while poking the VFT's and crap. Idiot kids. Go buy one from Wal-Mart and watch it die, not steal from hard working people.

All my Sarracenia and VFTs are in front of my townhouse, in planters. Unfortunately, it's the only spot where they can get enough light. Maybe it'll show back up, but probably it'll wind up in a dumpster somewhere. Next year I guess I'll stake them in or something. At least I bought the 'Scarlet Belle' as a little guy, and traded for the VFTs, so there wasn't a huge monetary investment. But I was really looking forward to seeing some flowers in the spring next year. Thanks for the support!

Back