What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The new Gallery! HOST YOUR CP PICTURES!

adnedarn

I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az
Admin
As I alluded to in the chatbox topic I have been working on another project. As some of you know terraforums.com has almost always provided a site for you to upload and host your CP related photos. Well, as I have been doing since I took all this over I decided it was time to update that photo hosting site with some newer and better software. I think the old software was pretty difficult for many people to figure out how to use and it allowed things like, people constantly starting new unnamed albums.

With the new software you are given, automatically a folder. You can access that folder by clicking "your album" at the top right. No more searching and trying to remember where you started your album. If you already have an album there, you will have that one too. I suggest you start using the other one. Since it is directly linked to your user name and account. If you PM me, I can move your album contents over to the new album. (I would do this before even announcing the new software but your personal album doesn't get "made" until you login for the first time with the new software) If you're using a name different than this forum, please contact me to have it changed. I would hate to delete it on accident. It's just easier that way.

Also, if you need to register because you don't have an account there yet, please use the same name as here. And the same email. I will be monitoring registrations to make sure only Active Terraforums people are using the hosting site.

Also, the albums will be randomly monitored to make sure you are hosting stuff for use at this forum. This isn't the place to host your ebay item pictures, or pictures for other forums. Really, it should just be CP stuff. This site takes a lot of space on the server and a lot of the alloted monthly bandwidth and I'd hate to have to shut it off because I'm hosting pictures for other forums or more specifically people not even on Terraforums.

I have deleted in the past albums of THOUSANDS of photos that were being hosted here. The user was not a member of terraforums and all the pictures were for his store. So if you see anything that you think shouldn't be there... Please let me know.

Also, if you have a permission you don't' think you should have, or don't' have a permission you think you should have please let me know. It's hard for me to test all this.

I think that's pretty much all the "details" I can give, just go in your album and click "add item" on the left hand side :) OR, you can add the item to the CORRECT GENRE ALBUM that's fine too. Go into the correct album and click "add item"

www.cpforums.org is where you do it at!

-Andrew

I don't see "Your album" at the top right.

I'm loving these new features you're adding.

:hail: :hail: :hail:

We get the EXIF data below the picture. :drool:

jlap- you don't? should be something like:

Your Account - Your Album - Logout

est- I love that too!

BTW- of the over 4000 photos hosted there, I lost approx 100 in the transfer due to random reasons. Most were held within single folders so it seams like individual person file errors. If this was you, I have your files on my personal computer from a back up done before the upgrade. so just contact me. They will be deleted from my computer in approx a month if I don't hear from anyone.

I don't see anything...

I don't see anything...

Ummm, well, you need to be a bit more descriptive. You don't see the stuff that's supposed to be in the top right? The EXIF data? What?

If it's the EXIF, then it's normal- not all of the images will have it for varying reasons.

I don't see anything...

It's not on the TF site. It's at the link at the bottom of the first post. Go there, register with your same information as here, and then look in the top right.

Andrew, can you check to make sure I used the same email for both here and there? I can't remember what email I originally used for TF; but I think I got it right.

Time to upload my ebay photos!

xvart.

edit: I like the random image also! That's fun.

Andrew, can you check to make sure I used the same email for both here and there? I can't remember what email I originally used for TF; but I think I got it right.
it's fine...
Time to upload my ebay photos!

Not even funny. Before there was a "hidden" feature where you could hide your pictures... I think this one has it too, but don't use it. That just raises suspicion. I can see your files anyway and if you're hiding pictures you're not supposed to have there, that is basically admitting you know better and they could be deleted without warning.

User CP FAQ Members List Calendar MGC Chatbox New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

That's what I see. Do I have to make a special account somewhere else? I thought you said everyone already had one or something.

Go there -> http://www.cpforums.org/

Register and you shall see.

Great job, Andrew. I take it you figured out your script.

Actually, I gave up on the script.. only a few albums were not forwarding anyway. Most were.

As a side note!! Don't yet get too used to uploading there.
That site may become obsolete. I'm working on installing the same software, but so that it will be worked into the forum. Rather than a different site. That is A LOT more work than having a separate site so it may not ever actually happen :p that's why I released the update to that one. We'll see in the coming week. You'll be kept updated either way.
Andrew

User CP FAQ Members List Calendar MGC Chatbox New Posts Search Quick Links Log Out

That's what I see. Do I have to make a special account somewhere else? I thought you said everyone already had one or something.

go to cpforums.org and sign up. signing up gives you an album. you don't automatically have an ACCOUNT though.

------THIS IS PUT ON HOLD :sorry: :) ------

Last edited:
Okay, this gallery should be back up.. I'm still trying to get a new gallery migrated with this forum, but it is easier to start with a fresh install. Then each person will get their own account and folder as they sign up for this forum (and log into the gallery by clicking the link) If it gets up and running, the other will eventually go away. But there SHOULD BE ways to move your files over from the old gallery to the new one. If you're willing to put the time in :) More about that later!!

Andrew

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just a moron, but I don't see anywhere at www.cpforums.org to sign up for an account. What am I missing?

ohh yah, I turned that off working on the one to be linked to the forums.. . I guess since that's not up i should turn it back on. haha.. try again in a few mins.
Andrew

Okay- should be set. thanks for the heads up.

What's up with this? There appears to no longer be a server on www.cpforums.org.

looks fine to me :)

That domain was still registered at the place that phil had it registered at. That registration had expired. It is renewed now though... As you were.

Andrew

I keeps referring me to dynadot.com

Probably just needs time to propagate the DNS settings throughout the Internet.

Thats affirmative Andrew. dynadot.com.....

Back