Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mr. Magic lizards new digs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    prolly resume unconsciousness when the wife discovers my screw up..........she hits hard
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Termites are easy to rear, just cut a hole in a small square piece fill it with damp non bleached paper (you know that brown paper) and cut some divits, set tounge depressants, in some damp paper towel (same kind you used in it), and let them grow you can add additional levels, you might wanna use a glass container, or 2 plastic tubs, on in water cause they will chew through plastic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have you raised them?
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Joe, I have even more plants coming, a couple small Alocasia species, that Christia, can't remember what else. Hopefully it'll keep the lizard from getting too bored in there by itself having places to climb and hide.

Oz, I'm gonna build a canopy over this tank next weekend for easier access moving things around and feeding. I'll add a socket that can hold a UV bulb, I saw they come in like 3, 5 and 9 watt varieties, what's the difference other than wattage? Is the 9 watt one for deeper tanks?

I picked up some Reptivite, looks to be rather complete with calcium and all kinds of other vitamins. I looked at one by Tetra but it said it was only calcium and not a complete source of nutrients. Tomorrow I'll try dusting the Fuit Flies tomorrow in a small size ziplock bag, can you recycle unused nutrient dust and put it back in the jar? I'm sure I won't need much for the flies! I ordered some big FF cultures , culture media and containers last night off ebay so I won't have to live on the hopes that the pet shop will have the FF when I need them. Any idea how long the lizard will be on FF before it gets big enough to eat the baby crickets? I don't mind doing the fly cultures, just curious.

Rattler and other foodies, There's a book called the Professional Breeders Guide to Rearing Live Food, publsihed by the same company who did the Professional Breeders Guide to Posion Frogs that was an english reprint of a German book. Does anyone have the live food book, is it worth it or can I find the same info online?

What do the feeder termites look like? Are they the grey/silver trilobite looking things under rocks and old wood?

SirKristoff is a poopiehead Ozzy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As a rule, don't feed it anything as big or bigger than it's head. They will attempt to eat things that they can't. I have a viper gecko and one of the crickets managed to escape long enough to get to big. The gecko attempted to eat it anyway. I it dead with ahalf of a cricket hanging out of it's mouth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rattler yea, allot of the workers can become secondary reproductives, which is why they will sustain them selfs.

Really neat, i had them for a short while until i got in some trouble at home and lost allot of my feeders. Roaches, Termites and stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm, the baby crickets weren't bigger than his head but he seemed to be running from the crickets and acted as though they bit his toes but perhaps he was jumpy when they touched him? Maybe he acted that way cos he was in that smaller container and stressed?

I wish I knew how to tell if he was hungry. I put several doses of flies in today but not sure how many he actually got. Like right now he's sitting on a fern frond watching the plants and ground, is that a sign he's hungry?

I read online that he should have a shallow water dish, but I've seen him drinking the water from the misted plants, so is the tray just for bathing?

Also, at the petshop today I saw "Anole Food" (small dried flies in a jar), will he eat something not moving? I didn't buy it cos it seemed silly to me to expect him to eat a non moving item but you guys have more experience with these critters than me...

Hello, I must be going... Not a Number's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used to get my horned toads to eat dead bugs by blowing on the bug to make it move. Reptiles instinctively eat just about anything that moves. If it's something inedible they spit it out.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast