Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: shark attack

michael1975
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I'm not mistaken--the correct spelling should be "never theirs." --no apostrophe.

(Either way, I understood what you meant.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauderdale View Post
    Hey Rattler,
    Don't worry about the sharks here. They are all pretty small close to shore...well most are small.
    If you are going to be in the area, give me a call. PM me and I will give you my phone number. We could have a couple of cold ones and swap some lies.
    going to Orlando actually but my wife and sister in law want to go to the beach aswell so when we land tomorrow(im sitting in a hotel in Minneapolis at the moment, flight to Orlando supposed to leave at 10:30am) we are going from the airport straight to a beach...or so im told........still havent been told which one going to be in Orlando for a week.......
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you have the opportunity, also go down to Sebring and see Highlands Hammock State Park - http://www.floridastateparks.org/hig...ck/default.cfm. It's less than 2 hours south of Orlando and was definitely a highlight of my trip to FL in June, even though it was so dry that the swamp trail was dry.

edit - back to the topic . . . those are cool photos and I'm glad I've never seen photos of what was probably nearby when I was swimming in FL as a kid. I used to love swimming among the fish. Like a lot of things that were cool then, it seems so stupid now. I'm not sure which perspective is better, but the current one seems safer.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Two flies one pitcher. Minus the crap eating. obregon562's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hehe

sorry about that!
    "It's easy to rip on cops, when you aren't the one needing saving"

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe the people who do such things as swim in bait fish schools or even near them often experience a principal that a man name Darwin came up with. It usually refered to as natural selection or often survival of the fittest.

Seriously though I dont feel bad for people who get attacked by sharks when they are swiming in schools of bait fish. If you arnt smart enough to stay out of the water when there are sharks and bait fish around then you deserve what you get.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wonder how many more people are killed or maimed on the road to & from the beach than by sharks once they get there. I don't have any data to back it up, but I think time spent in traffic is more dangerous than time spent swimming with baitfish.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, come on guys. Theres worse things you can do than swim with the baitfish.

Heres an example that was all over the news awhile back: http://youtube.com/watch?v=o6Yuh2RLBHo

Good thing he didn't slip his tongue in..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12