What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NECPS Show

Packing up the plants...
Wish I could bring this guy:

Byblis1c.jpg

It's even bigger now, but I don't think it would travel well:crap:

That's an awesome looking plant!! It looks like it's in its own shrine or something.

I have most of my bins loaded up - 8 large bins, plus the multiplantings that get to ride inside the cab of the truck. I accidentally snapped off the S. flava flower, aarrgghhh....

We are also bringing "Blue" my wife's panther chameleon. Who will catch the most bugs?? The chameleon or the plants???

Ozzy should be touching down any minute now. I plan to get there tomorrow around 8am.

you shouldn't have mentioned that, now you'll have to deal with me bothering you about it.:poke:

Yeah I should hav touched down about that time, but thanks to that plant that cauht fire in chicago, I touched down about 9pm. We'll b there around 8:30.

What a great show! I have TONS of new plants.
I forgot to wear my name tag, so I met Presto, but nobody else. :-(
Ah well, always next year. :banana2:

did you see me? i was the one in a green and white striped polo shirt.

im using the hotel(which Ozzy schloaty and quogue are also staying at) computer so all i can say is that it was a great day!!! i already have five new nepenthes!!

Alex

I saw ya. Which neps did you get? I got one of Black Jungle's spectabs, one of their highland truncies, and a nice sized maxima from the sales table. Their spectabs were really nice, and much bigger than they said on their site. And for 12 measly bucks too!

smell that?

is that the smell of...pics? ? ? :D

smell that?

is that the smell of...pics? ? ? :D

lol. I was thinking the same thing earlier and almost posted; but, I figured everyone is out together instead of frantically posting pictures. Still, the smell is in the air!

xvart.

I got a:
Highland Truncata
N. Copelandii
S. Scarellett Bell
2 D. Capensis
D. Roseana
N. Alata
N. Talangensis

I have a few pics, but my dad had the camera and insisted on taking pictures of boring old me in front of every single plant. I do have a pic of N. rajah though, and one of a truncata. Just wait till the flood of pics comes in. It was INCREDIBLE. Miranda with pitchers the size of my head, lowii x truncata, red amp with like 500 pitchers, predator, burbidgeae, an insane Izumae, spectab x veitchii, rajah with a two foot leafspan, quogue's drosera regia big easy, in other words dew made solid, and soo much more...

pics are pending.....but, I scored big.

Ceph hummer giant
ceph from seed
Ceph regular from ..... er..... CP jungle, I think?

THANKS JEFF!!

and N. X 'Ceasar' (truncata x merriliana) woo! this one will get HUGE.

I didn't get to go the seconed day, so I missed out on the Cephs. Congrats on all the Cephs.

By far, this was the biggest and best cp event I have attended. I can't even describe the plants, so I won't. The NECPS is a great group of people. I hope I get the chance to make it back up there for another meeting. I'll try to get some pics up tomorrow.

I saw ya. Which neps did you get? I got one of Black Jungle's spectabs, one of their highland truncies, and a nice sized maxima from the sales table. Their spectabs were really nice, and much bigger than they said on their site. And for 12 measly bucks too!

well i got 9 total :D

truncata highland
albomarginata green
aristolochiodes(silent auction!!!)
2 in one tentaculata(two plants!)
izumae(for only 15$ if i may say!!)
clipeata x eymae
spectabilis x ventricosa
lowii
and singalana

i need to make more room!!! and ill get pics up tomorrow if im not working.

i saw a bunch of the forum members(and one i talked to on the phone haha!) so it was great meeting you all!!

Alex

PS: schloaty: the "gymnaphora" is actually izumae. long story.... it showed up as 15$ on the tag. and it was 24 on the paper...so i asked which it was and i just got that one for 15. so that no one else would see that i got it for only 15....i asked for an extra plant tag and i looked for something that looked like it! haha

2007_0930Image0002.jpg

2007_0930Image0003.jpg

2007_0930Image0004.jpg

2007_0930Image0016.jpg

2007_0930Image0015.jpg

2007_0930Image0014.jpg

2007_0930Image0012.jpg

2007_0930Image0011.jpg

2007_0930Image0010.jpg

2007_0930Image0009.jpg

2007_0930Image0006-1.jpg

2007_0930Image0005-1.jpg

2007_0930Image0018.jpg

our bog garden display at the botanical center. Should be looking even better soon, thanks to the generous donation of a nice big N. ventricosa from Schloaty! lol!

2007_0930Image0017.jpg

Nep pitchers in the bog garden. The truncata pitchers are huge!

2007_0930Image0019.jpg

the members' silent auction table...

2007_0930Image0020.jpg

the larger of the two Roridula up for auction.

phew!

not the greatest pictures...there will be tons more from other people I'm sure!

unbelievable weekend. It was so awesome to meet people from TerraForums!!

Wow! Thanks, Emily. That red N. ampullaria is amazing. And look at those heli's!

Glad everyone has had a good time.

xvart.

Emily -

Your pictures came out great!! Many of ours came out dark or blurry - I think next year we gotta have them take down that 90% shade cloth. I'm going to fix up our pics in photoshop so they'll be presentable. The group shot of the Terraformers at the meeting came out good - except NepFreak wasn't around.

What a great time!! I think the final count of folks who attended was like 425 people. Also we had EVERY CP genus represented. I don't remember who won in all the categories, but the top 3 plants of the show went to Terraforums members!!!!!!:

VFT Bowl of Death, Jeff Matteson (JMatt on TF)
N. macrophylla, Dave S. NECPS treasurer (DaveS on TF)
D. Big Easy, Matt K, (Quoque on TF)

There were a LOT of very lucky kids ( grown up kids too) at the show all leaving with bags of precious CP loot.

Schloaty - I scored one of those N. Ceasars also!! WooHoo!! I also picked up a N. rafflesiana and a N. mulensis x lowii and a S. leuco tarnok from Richard & Mike. In the silent auction I scored your (mine now, heh, heh) Drosophyllum. There were two seedlings in there - if they both grow I'll give you one. I also picked up the block of NZ Sphagnum moss and that giant bucket in the silent auction. I also got a S. leuco Hurricane Creek from Jeff and a S. catabesi from Schloaty!!!!! Thanks Dave & Jeff. Today the S. catebesii was the very first thing the squirrels tried to destroy..... the soil was dug out all around it. I put it all back together and it should be OK.

I think Richard "Moneybags" and Mike scored the Roridula in the silent auction. I forget - I was sooo psyched at my auction wins I didn't see who won that Nep that Ken Sicard would have killed for. I remember it went for a lot of cash. Better be there in person next year Ken!!!!!!!

Oh man, do you remember how bad Priscilla's N. miranda stunk when she brought it Saturday morning? Gagggamaciuos, aaawwwghhhh. I wouldn't want any of that goop spilling on me! John made her go wash out the pitcher.

Later for now, will have pics at some point.

WildBill

Last edited:
Sorry I wasn't around for the group photo, we left early for some reason. I REALLY wish I'd stayed longer now... especially reading about all those plants you guys won! I guess I was lucky to be there, and not have to fly in. Sorry if I seemed a bit distracted when people were trying to talk to me or something. That's what happens when you surround me with 500 beautiful CPS!
That miranda was insane, didn't notice any smell though.

Back