Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: NECPS Show

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

our bog garden display at the botanical center. Should be looking even better soon, thanks to the generous donation of a nice big N. ventricosa from Schloaty! lol!

Nep pitchers in the bog garden. The truncata pitchers are huge!

the members' silent auction table...

the larger of the two Roridula up for auction.

phew!

not the greatest pictures...there will be tons more from other people I'm sure!

unbelievable weekend. It was so awesome to meet people from TerraForums!!
    -Emily

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow! Thanks, Emily. That red N. ampullaria is amazing. And look at those heli's!

Glad everyone has had a good time.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Emily -

Your pictures came out great!! Many of ours came out dark or blurry - I think next year we gotta have them take down that 90% shade cloth. I'm going to fix up our pics in photoshop so they'll be presentable. The group shot of the Terraformers at the meeting came out good - except NepFreak wasn't around.

What a great time!! I think the final count of folks who attended was like 425 people. Also we had EVERY CP genus represented. I don't remember who won in all the categories, but the top 3 plants of the show went to Terraforums members!!!!!!:

VFT Bowl of Death, Jeff Matteson (JMatt on TF)
    N. macrophylla, Dave S. NECPS treasurer (DaveS on TF)
    D. Big Easy, Matt K, (Quoque on TF)

There were a LOT of very lucky kids ( grown up kids too) at the show all leaving with bags of precious CP loot.

Schloaty - I scored one of those N. Ceasars also!! WooHoo!! I also picked up a N. rafflesiana and a N. mulensis x lowii and a S. leuco tarnok from Richard & Mike. In the silent auction I scored your (mine now, heh, heh) Drosophyllum. There were two seedlings in there - if they both grow I'll give you one. I also picked up the block of NZ Sphagnum moss and that giant bucket in the silent auction. I also got a S. leuco Hurricane Creek from Jeff and a S. catabesi from Schloaty!!!!! Thanks Dave & Jeff. Today the S. catebesii was the very first thing the squirrels tried to destroy..... the soil was dug out all around it. I put it all back together and it should be OK.

I think Richard "Moneybags" and Mike scored the Roridula in the silent auction. I forget - I was sooo psyched at my auction wins I didn't see who won that Nep that Ken Sicard would have killed for. I remember it went for a lot of cash. Better be there in person next year Ken!!!!!!!

Oh man, do you remember how bad Priscilla's N. miranda stunk when she brought it Saturday morning? Gagggamaciuos, aaawwwghhhh. I wouldn't want any of that goop spilling on me! John made her go wash out the pitcher.

Later for now, will have pics at some point.

WildBill
    Last edited by WildBill; 10-01-2007 at 02:26 PM. Reason: forgot to thank Schloaty

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry I wasn't around for the group photo, we left early for some reason. I REALLY wish I'd stayed longer now... especially reading about all those plants you guys won! I guess I was lucky to be there, and not have to fly in. Sorry if I seemed a bit distracted when people were trying to talk to me or something. That's what happens when you surround me with 500 beautiful CPS!
    That miranda was insane, didn't notice any smell though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that was before you got there and a good thing too because we might have made you drink it - part of the official NECPS initiation......

Terraforums Members at the Show
    NECPS Show

Last edited by WildBill; 10-01-2007 at 02:53 PM. Reason: add photo

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wish I could have gone!!

I love all the pics but that last one is great! I know who some of the members are but not all. Can someone add IDs?

The whole thing looked awesome...the plants, the people...

Maybe next year....
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    top row: WildBill, jrod, DaveS, JMatt
    middle row: me, Ozzy, StifflerMichael, glider14
    bottom row: Schloaty, quogue, D Muscipula
    -Emily

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ok guys...here are some of my pics! and i dont know all of the IDs or those who grew them...
    N. izumiae

N. ampullaria Cantley's Red

Black Jungle's N. hamata

Drosophyllum-Matt Opal

Roridula gorgianas- Matt Opal

Byblis flower and plant

Dave S.'s N. muluensis x lowii

more to come!
    Quogue's 'Big Easy'
    Everything is explainable. The seemingly unexplainable is but a result of our insufficient knowledge.- Hans Brewer

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast