What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NECPS Show

yahoo.gif
great photo's of great subjects

BTW,,,,so could u guys just explain how this works: Basically ppl just bring some of their own plants in and display it...and basically its like a "PLANT" show...as the title aptly describes it. But, is there a section of "plants for sale" or is it up to the owner of the plant display to sell it if he wants? And about the silent auction...so u guys just write ur bids down and at the end of the day or at the end of the show...the winner takes it and the proceedings go to the owner or NECPS?

Yes, people bring their plants and they are put on display. The public votes for the plant they like best and those votes are entered into a raffle, and NECPS members vote for the plant they like best in each genus. The award ribbons at the show are based on the NECPS voters. There are plants available for sale at the show by vendors. Plants are donated to the NECPS for the society sales table. NECPS members and vendors donate plants and items to the NECPS silent auction. The auction proceeds go to support the NECPS.

If a NECPS member sells a plant at the show, it is not done through the society.

We did not have any international vistors this time, but I am fairly sure that paperwork can done in advance to legally bring plants out of the country.

Thanks everyone for the nice comments about our plants and the show. It was a great time.

nope...They're D. aliciae.

Yes Presto's right. All thoses rosseted sub tropicals look the same to me.:-D
I should probably have some sort of disclaimer when Iding things-Warning; just guessing!

Amazing pictures! Now you can see how words just can't describe some things.

thanks for the explaination Dave. :)

Clay Pots

Hi,

I wass looking at the pictures and noticed some CPs growing in unglazed pots. They looked healthy also. I am new to the CP world and have read that unglazed clay pots
will kill CPs because of the high mineral content.

Oh well.

Thanks,
Red Dragon

welcome to the forums!

I looked through the pictures, and the only plants in unglazed pots that I noticed were the Drosophyllum. That's sort of an oddball carnivore in that it grows in alkaline soil, rather than acidic...

There were many plants in plastic pots which were terra cotta-colored. Also, some members might have double-potted...to cover up a dirty pot, they could have put it inside a larger pot.

I just had a chance to look through all of the photos! So many beautiful plants! I especially loved Emily's flytrap feeding demo. :-O

Thanks for taking the time to post all those up.

Back