User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has this every happened to anybody else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I nor anyone in the area i live in has ever had Jehovah witnesses come-a-knocking.
    that makes no logic

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by herenorthere View Post
    I don't mind them, but I've never caught any breaking & entering. They used to visit my house-bound grandfather during his last years and he appreciated the company and, because of that, I go out of my way to be nice to any that stop by here. I try to be the same with any Mormons who stop by too. They mean well, whether or not I agree with them.
    I dunno. I don't take kindly to people showing up wanting to read the bible to me, asking me if I've ever been divorced, then asking if my parent's have ever been divorced when I tell them I'm just 17. Think of the precious time they could be devoting to real causes like hunger and poverty, but instead they want to read to me and try and convince me divorce is wrong and my mother should have stayed with her former crack-head husband.

BUT I'm a sucker. I see an old lady out the door and just HAVE to open it because you never know if she's in trouble. That's when her accomplice steps out from the side where I can't see them and then they ambush! Luckily a preacher lives next door and I send them to him That's payback for his loud religious music.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats pretty insane that they would try opening the door. You should of reported them to the police.

If they come back, quickly draw a pentagram on the floor and light a circle of candles around it, then strip naked and tell them to come in.

I gaurantee they'll never return.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or maybe they'll return with the rest of the congregation for an emergency intervention.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a book on ritual cannibalism around here somewhere I think so I might just have to keep it by the door from now on and start saying things to them like "Did you know that the cannibals of Papua New Guinia claim that humans taste like pork and man I havent had a good pork chop in months" see how they react to that one. Otherwise I was thinking of getting a copy of the Qu'ran and seeing how well I can be at converting them to Islam. LOL.

Actully too if they come back and try it again I think I will just call the cops and give them something to do this town has like no crime its time for the cops to do something other than pull over college students.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get Jehovah Witnesses every week at my house. I don't open the door and let them be. They always come around noon and lately it has been hot here, so they like to stay in the shade under my sycamore tree in my front yard!
    -Joel from Southern California

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know several Jehovas' Witnesses, and while I don't share their beliefs, they're usually fairly upstanding folks. I find it very suspicious that these people tried to let themselves in - that's very, very inappropriate behavior, especially when you're soliciting like that. I would do as JRF says and report them to the police.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, what Joel and JRF said, you damn well should report that kind of behaviour.

As for the whole door-to-door proselytizing thing, it should be outlawed for everything, EVERYTHING- religious types, gas companies, vacuum salesmen.

The only folks I think should have the right to even knock on your door for a "cause" are kids doing school fundraising and politicians- I was MOST impressed in our last municipal election to see a few of the ward councillors come to my house- one who I would NOT vote for and told him as much politely, and one whom I did vote for (he lost) who actually came in for a while and had some tea and discussed a great many things with my wife and I.

I don't like anyone I don't recognize on my property, unless they have some sort of official ID such as a fireman doing a mandatory inspection or a cop or the water meter reader (tho in the first two cases, rolling up in a firetruck or a cop car and carrying guns and stuff pretty much tells you this is the real thing)

And I'm sure it's been posted here before- if you put up a "blood donor" sticker on your door, you will be "unsalvageable" to the "witnesses" and they'll leave you alone- I took the fun route to dispell them, I wasted SO much of their time and got them into SO many indefensible positions that I'm pretty sure my house has a little red "X" on the JW global HQ map
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast