User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Has this every happened to anybody else?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has this every happened to anybody else?

So I am sitting in my apartment making a very important phone call when I hear a knock at the door. Seeing as it is sunday I couldnt think of anyone that would be knocking at my door that would be important so I just ignored it and continued with my phone call. I hear a second time of knocking and dont think too much of it until it is quickly followed by someone turning the door handle and pushing on the door(though it was locked so they couldnt get in). I thought oh maybe its the maintenance guys and they need to check something in my apartment. So I go over still on the phone and open the door and its Jehovah witnesses and they just launch into this speach while I am still on the phone. Them knocking on my door doesnt bother me at all but they tried to just walk into my apartment. Who does that? is this kind of action like procedure for Jehovah witnesses because I found that extermely rude and very pushy. I still cant believe they tried to just walk into my apartment when I didnt answer the door. I am glad I had it locked but still its the point you dont just try to walk into someone's apartment when they dont answer the door.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Doing it wrong until I do it right. xvart's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What did you say to them when you opened the door? I would've gave them a piece of my mind.

xvart.
    "The tragedy of life is not that every man loses; but that he almost wins."

"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you sure they're JWs? I suppose that could be a cover in the event that somebody catches them trying to break in somewhere. Either way, you could just invite them in and feed them to some nepenthes.

Perhaps reporting this to the apt mgr would be good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are pushy!I never open the door for them!They will open someones door one day and get a bullet if they are not careful.

Jerry

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I can't believe that. We had to get a "private property no solicitors" sign to make them go away.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man I was trying to get a pair of them to come to my door! They visited everybody else but me. Fially, a duo came by and I whipped out my, "Kingdom Of The Cults" book and said, "Hold on.... J.W's... that's page..." They were a bit edgy after that. They were a bit rigid about KJV, but hey, I can translate middle english into our language.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't mind them, but I've never caught any breaking & entering. They used to visit my house-bound grandfather during his last years and he appreciated the company and, because of that, I go out of my way to be nice to any that stop by here. I try to be the same with any Mormons who stop by too. They mean well, whether or not I agree with them.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didnt say much I just opened the door while still on the phone and said this call is important and the shut the door and locked it.

Had I not been on the phone I probaly would have gone off on them as well as answer the door with my Eskrima stick in hand. I was too distracted by my phone call to do much other than shut the door in their faces.
    "We're terrible animals. I think that the Earth's immune system is trying to get rid of us, as well it should." - Kurt Vonnegut

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast