What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does this mean?

Ok, so I'm not going crazy.
I kept trying to find what everybody was talking about and feeling like the only kid in the group who doesn't get the proverbial joke...

Ok, so I'm not going crazy.
I kept trying to find what everybody was talking about and feeling like the only kid in the group who doesn't get the proverbial joke...

It was a feature where, if implemented, would allow members to rate other member's posts. So, say there was a great post by someone with great information, very helpful, and well thought out you could give it positive feedback or "reputation." For example, say you find this post very informative

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Here is link to a rough sketch to show how the Pinguicula flower is designed. If pollen is produced, it is generally released between the top of the ovary and the underside of the stigma flap (often yellow filaments produced by the corolla are mistaken for pollen). For me the easiest way to effect the capture of pollen and transfer it to the desired upper stigma surface is with a wooden toothpick, flat or round. I color the tip of the toothpick black with an indelible marker pen, then it is easiest to see anything on the toothpick tip that is lighter than "black". To capture pollen with a toothpick, I first gently remove most or all of the corolla. While gently holding the stalk below the flower I insert the toothpick under the stigma flap, between the ovary and the stigma flap. If there is any quantity of released pollen often some will be captured by the toothpick. I then gently touch the toothpick with captured pollen on its tip against the upper surface of the receiving stigma, optimally near its center. You can see my hand drawn diagram here:

Illustration of Pinguicula Flower</span>

you could vote for it being a cool thread. Then, after a certain number of votes, it could show up on the main page or members would get ratings for being helpful, not helpful, or just a spam master.

On the other hand, if you saw this next post and thought it was a waste of time and space you could say that it wasn't worth the data storage space it's coded into.

do what xvart says

I'm not sure the features or exactly how it works but hopefully you get the drift.

xvart.

edit: and presumably, if this feature was working now you would all rate this post 5-stars because I took the time to quote applicable threads and messages and detailed how this feature may work.

Back