Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue Ash, Ohio cop Chase

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Blue Ash, Ohio cop Chase

http://www.officer.com/videonetwork/...?showid=378811

Did he even have RIGHT to get on the hood of the car and empty a clip on the guy? Did the guy Die? I don't think the car was Trying to ram him at first, it was just trying to get away, resisting w/e it is cause i don't think it was an arrest yet, but if the guy was trying to ram him he easily could have rammed him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did he have the right? I dont know, was the man going for/holding a weapon? It does not say and you cant tell from the video.

There is absolutely NO background information, just a video. With no information at all about the suspect, case, or suspect behavior in the car during the chase, there is no way you can tell. Plus the video has been edited, obviously. There is no way to tell what was left out. The event sequence goes so fast, but did it really go so fast in life or were the “boring” parts removed? (an internets search shows that yes, there were good chunks removed from the film)

So some background info is called for, then.

An internet search says:
    One man is dead and two officers are injured after an overnight chase and shooting...Officers said the driver of the car, Charles Wayne Bennett, tried to run over the officer, then raced away, turning onto Reed Hartman Highway... [sic]

Bennett, 37, was taken to Bethesda North Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Blue Ash police said two officers suffered injuries in the chase.

One officer was treated and released, while the other is still undergoing treatment.
    and
    Police said Bennett nearly ran into cruisers twice.

Those near-hits occurred while Bennett made a U-turn, accelerated toward officers at one point, twice bumped cruisers and rolled into the officer who ended up firing from the hood. Three officers fired shots but not all at the same time.

Bennett, 37, had numerous charges on his record. His most recent conviction was for panhandling and possession of marijuana in July.

Blue Ash officers are conducting a criminal investigation to present to the Hamilton County prosecutor and an internal investigation. Both are under the direction of Capt. James Schaffer.

So far, it appears Blue Ash police followed proper procedure during the pursuit and shooting, Schaffer said.

Four officers were placed on paid administrative leave. Being placed on administrative leave is departmental policy in such cases.
    "tried to run over the officer, then raced away, turning onto Reed Hartman Highway"
    This is before that video even starts. So you don’t even see why they were so aggressive- he tried to run over them initially and the police feared that he would attempt to make the same move again. Two cops injured already- I wonder why they felt they REALLY needed to stop him
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edited for content

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    URL for those qoutes finch?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, of course. Sorry about that, here

I think i got the most relevant information in the quotes
    quote 1
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20478849/
    quote 2
    http://statesmanjournal.com/apps/pbc...708310304/1001

Zapp, i understand where your coming from, but i also think that often We cant truly understand what spurred the decisions to use lethal force from the comfort of our homes. Its kind of a ‘you had to be there’ thing, as my officer friends have said, but thanks goodness im not there! But if I was there, given the suspects history, I THINK i would not have trusted this suspect who had a big criminal history and was driving a STOLEN CAR at the time not to be armed or desperate, though of course, you can misjudge a situation like this easily- perhaps these cops did. I don’t think so, but that’s just my armchair opinion.
    that makes no logic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That guy deserved to die if he did die. Period. Sorry, I'm not a liberal pansey. I say the cops did the right thing. He was an extream danger to the public. 100+ MPH, trying to ram cops,etc. We have to stop being so "Nice" to these scumbags IMHO.
    Twitter : Tommytimbertoes

This signature removed because of whining little crybabies.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Liberals aren't the ones who want every potential threat killed, so they aren't the pansies. As to whether the shooting was justified, I haven't seen anything that would make me say yes or no. While I oppose the automatic glorification of the police, many of whom are pigs (with apologies to real pigs), the police are put in an nearly impossible situation when confronted by someone with a deadly weapon. Whether that weapon is a gun, car or whatever.
    Bruce in CT

Madness is something rare in individuals but in groups, parties, peoples, ages it is the rule. Friedrich Nietzsche

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tommyr no one deserves to die. Cops are pushing it lately, but what can we do. They used to be nice, (of course to white upper class citizens) but now? They WATCH us and I feel so unsafe around police officers, even when I'm not doing any thing illegal.

true the guy shouldn't have ran, but I was just asking if people thought their was justification to shooting the guy.

Man do we have a problem with blind patriotism or something?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast