What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yippeeee! It's almost here!!

• Thread starter PlantAKiss
  • Start date

PlantAKiss

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, Engl
Well...its getting close! If all goes to plan, I will buying my new Mac this weekend! I will also be adding highspeed internet. This means I will now be able to get back online, go to websites and do things I couldn't do with my old OS/Browser. I will no longer be stuck having to stay late at the office to do things there. I can have my photos at home! I WILL BE IN THE MODERN WORLD!!!!

All I can say is...WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

I can't wait to break away from the computer jail I have been in for the last 2-3 years!

:gulp: (diet dr pepper) :bigthumpup: :grin: :beer: (diet root beer) :water:

Oh i bet thats exciting. I always love getting a new computer! Then the setup... then the installing.... and the transferring....

Good for you! :D

I'm happy for you and can understand your excitement. :)

At home, I still have the same PC that I had nearly ten years ago. I still have to use AOL dial-up and the :censor: thing has only 50 megabytes left on the hard drive (yeah you heard me right). Thank god for school computers and flash drives! One of these days.....

Anyway congrats! :bigthumpup:

Congrats, that's great!

It'll be wonderful to have you around more often again! :)

I see this doesn't generate the excitement for y'all that it does for me.

:-))

I think it is great. Maybe we will hear from you more often. :clap:

I see this doesn't generate the excitement for y'all that it does for me.

YYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!

WWWWWWWWWWWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

I knew Alexis would appreciate it. :)

Yes, I do hope to be around more now. However, I'm taking some meds that kinda zonk me out so hopefully I can beat the feeling and hang out more. I've fallen asleep several times with my clothes on, lights on and back door wide open. lol

OF COURSE we are excited! We dont see you much, and you are one of the most liked members here! I dont know if there is anybody here who would not be happy to hear this!

I knew Alexis would appreciate it. :)

Yes, I do hope to be around more now. However, I'm taking some meds that kinda zonk me out so hopefully I can beat the feeling and hang out more. I've fallen asleep several times with my clothes on, lights on and back door wide open. lol

Oh my God! You need to be careful with that this day and age!

Friends don't let friends buy Macs.

Congratz, PAK. I'm jealous... but I'm buying myself a MacBook once my student loans come through, so it's just temporary. ;D
~Joe

Hey!How Gr8 is that a new computer and hi speed access.
I am finally getting the hang of my laptop which I bought about 4 months ago.
Learning to get internet access while on this trip has been a big breakthrough fo me,
Enjoy!!!!

Conservation thru propagation and sharing.
Lois'last night in New Oleans Louisiana

Well folks...I DO have the new puter...its AWESOME...its BIG...and its FAST! I'm still getting it settled in and have to finish connecting the printer and all that but I'm getting there! I'm almost back! I'll post a pic at some point. I also have a video camera on it! :-D

Right now I have to go finish a stupid newsletter so I'll get home late. Hope to test it out more later!

I think it is great your getting a computer, but I feel for you when it comes to a mac. LOL May be a fast computer but they are functionaly too different for me. I played with a coworkers and I hated it. I cannot get past the only one mouse button. I use the right mouse button to much LOL. I did not think it was as user freindly as people claim. I am used to a windows machine though so I am biased. I like vista because it adds some of the good functional visual effects of the mac, but still has the added functional aspects of windows.

I know we have some windows haters here, but I like it. I did not like Mac because it leave a great potention for unorganized data from what i seen. Vista does the same thing now too, but I still like to have my things organized. Like i said i am just biased to windows and do not have alot of the problems other folks have when using windows for some reason. And when I do it is just a hickup and no worries from me.

good luck with your new computer PAK!!!! i am excited for you and you will get used to it especialy if that is what you use at work. The one thing I did like about the mac lappy I used was that it was really cool to the touch. Unlike my AMD HP lappy that get REALLY WARM!! The mac lappy I played with did not even have a fan or vents on it. I did like that about the mac laptops. So there is pros and cons for both platforms. I am jsut partial to PC based machines and do not have all the problems many folks have.

Again good luck and I know you will have a great experience!

Thanks Josh. :)

I played with a coworkers and I hated it.

Most people who say "I don't like Macs" only played around with it for a little while in a store or over at a friend's house. That's not really using a Mac. And see, I can bash PCs because I work on one every day and hate it. lol Any system, when you are unfamiliar with it, is uncomfortable to use. Personally, I never understood why PCs had two mouse buttons. I only needed one.

But my new Mac will be different and I'm sure I'll fuss about a few things while I'm still learning all the changes in the OS.

That's because you said "Mac". ;)

:-P-: lol

I still haven't had any time on my new baby. Will someone please SHOOT ME if I ever say "I'll can do that" when someone needs something?

I cannot get past the only one mouse button.

Well, right mouse button does something different from Windows, but there are in fact 4 buttons on a Mac mouse!

There are any uses for the right mouse button PAK. Saves you from having to go to the menu bar for everything all the itme. Just right click. and depending on where you click will give you a different menu. I use alot of things many people do not use in windows. Many little shortcuts and things. Believe it or not ALOT of people do not even know how to use windows explore. LOL Many folks here at my school are jsut awed when I go to the explore function and on XP you get to that by right clicking on the start menu.

Alex the only Mac i have played with recently has been a laptop with the mouse pad. and it only has one button.

I used macs in highschool 11 years ago and didn't like them then either. I may have only played with Mac OS for a little bit, but it didn't float my boat. But to each their own. Good luck with yours. Class is starting now so I have to go.

Back