What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Amero: New currency for U.S.

• Thread starter zappafan
  • Start date
Of these conspiracy theories, this is the dumbest, because my friend Jon a coin collects has had these exact amero’s since 2005, and he bought them from a company that produces novelty coins.

"THE AMERO" IS REAL;
I HAVE ONE TO PROVE IT!
UNITED STATES, CANADA AND MEXICO TO BE MERGED INTO SINGLE NEW ENTITY NAMED NORTH AMERICAN UNION!
By: Hal Turner
http://www.halturnershow.com/AmeroCoinArrives.html
Snopes.com has something to say about it, too

This wild coin tale about ameros being secretly minted by the US government.

In 1999 a professor of economics at Simon Fraser University published The Case for the amero http://www.fraserinstitute.ca/ a study that advanced the idea that three north American countries would be better off with a common currency. Later Desings Computed http://www.designscomputed.com thought to add it to its catalogue of commemorative coins, medals and tokens suite of AMEROS http://www.designscomputed.com/coins/amero.html a series of collectable coins struck from what its concept of the coinage of what currency might look like. Designs Computed is very clear on its web site that the ameros are in fact “private issued fantasy pattern coins [that] will be struck as an annual series” and indeed offers them for sale.

Neither the US mint or treasury had a hand in creating these “ameros”. These coins are merely collectables offered to the buying public by a private company in the business of manufacturing such curiosities.

On 31 August 2007 conservative radio hoast Hal Turner posted on his web site an interesting tale about being given the amero by a sly treasury agent. He claims a few days adter he posted about the coin, a web site proclaiming ameros to be fake was put up in “a full blown effort to discredit my story and the images as fake”

Daniel Carr, the man behind Designs Computed, has been displaying the coins he designed on his web site since 2000 and has been offering them for sale since atleast 2005 [when Jon bought his] While the current amero entry dates only to 2007, the one Jon has says 2005

Some quotes from hal turner

What prompted my interest in the issue was money: I was sent professional images of actual AMERO coins by someone in the US Treasury! The person included a note saying they like my radio show and are frightened by what's been going on in secret within our government.

This Treasury Department person was outraged that our country was beginning to coin money as part of a merger that would do away with our country, via a merger the American public knew nothing about!

When I got the professional images of the AMERO coin, I was finally intrigued enough to make mention of it on my web site. My site has gotten over 20 Million visits in the last couple years and is becoming more popular because of the brutal honesty and timely delivery of news that folks don't find elsewhere. This story about AMERO coins would fit my niche of breaking news, so I ran a snippet of a story.

They will force Canada into the merger by telling them the US currency they hold and rely upon will be worthless and the only way Canada can even hope to salvage any of the funds is to join the NAU.

They will sell it to the Mexican people by saying it will instantly improve their buying-power and quality of life.

In reality, the value of the US and Canadian dollars will be significantly reduced to counter the worthless peso being absorbed. People in the US and Canada will suffer great financial loss while Mexicans will see significant gain. In the meantime, the financial elite and the politicians they own will make out like bandits!

So America, Canada and Mexico, our governments are betraying us and planning to merge our countries without our knowledge or consent, or by financial disaster they bring-on intentionally. What are we going to do about it?
The web site "Snopes.com" has claimed today that the story below is FALSE. I stand-by the story.

I personally vouch for this story and stand-by every world of it no matter who says otherwise. I caught them and they know it.

So upset are the powers-that-be over this expose, they actually CLOSED THE DENVER MINT to the public so they can move the AMEROS out without being seen!

Hal turner is a nutter. The coins and website have existed long before his parinoid mind became aware of them.

And who honestly beleives that Canada US and Mexico are gonna be merged into a union

I did a little research on Hal Turner. This man is a self-described "White Nationalist" (AKA white supremacist) He quit doing his radio show after seeing The Passion of the Christ because the owner of the station was Jewish and he said he would ""would no longer do business with Jews"

He promotes the hunting and killing of illegal immigrants, Jews, authors and promotes Holocaust denial material, advocated political assassination and OVERTHROWING the government, worked with a neo nazi group called the National Vanguard.

This man is beyond despicable. I think there's a special place in hell for people like him. I like to be an optimist and think "Well maybe he'll change and won't be batcrap crazy one day" but I don't know. It makes me angry and sad at the same time.

That said, I hope this is one conspiracy theory you're right about. A North American Union and one currency between the three countries sounds fantastic. Hell, I'd like it if North and South America would combined into one great Western Union (haha) or New World Union. Just like the EU, but bigger!

The SPP IS the new NAU, google it and weep.
It's being done with NO government oversight past the three leaders rubberstamping things as they get requested by heads of industry (30 from each country)

This is real, and many people are ticked about it. The way the US currency is tanking, tying our currency to the US dollar would be the dumbest thing we could do at this time, but we the people might not have a choice

Google says

Myth vs. Fact
Myth: The SPP was an agreement signed by Presidents Bush and his Mexican and Canadian counterparts in Waco, TX, on March 23, 2005.

Fact: The SPP is a dialogue to increase security and enhance prosperity among the three countries. The SPP is not an agreement nor is it a treaty. In fact, no agreement was ever signed.

Myth: The SPP is a movement to merge the United States, Mexico, and Canada into a North American Union and establish a common currency.
Fact: The cooperative efforts under the SPP, which can be found in detail at www.spp.gov, seek to make the United States, Canada and Mexico open to legitimate trade and closed to terrorism and crime. It does not change our courts or legislative processes and respects the sovereignty of the United States, Mexico, and Canada. The SPP in no way, shape or form considers the creation of a European Union-like structure or a common currency. The SPP does not attempt to modify our sovereignty or currency or change the American system of government designed by our Founding Fathers.

Myth: The SPP is being undertaken without the knowledge of the U.S. Congress.

Fact: U.S. agencies involved with SPP regularly update and consult with members of Congress on our efforts and plans.

Myth: The SPP infringes on the sovereignty of the United States.

Fact: The SPP respects and leaves the unique cultural and legal framework of each of the three countries intact. Nothing in the SPP undermines the U.S. Constitution. In no way does the SPP infringe upon the sovereignty of the United States.

Myth: The SPP is illegal and violates the Constitution.

Fact: The SPP is legal and in no way violates the Constitution or affects the legal authorities of the participating executive agencies. Indeed, the SPP is an opportunity for the governments of the United States, Canada, and Mexico to discuss common goals and identify ways to enhance each nation’s security and prosperity. If an action is identified, U.S. federal agencies can only operate within U.S. law to address these issues. The Departments of Commerce and Homeland Security coordinate the efforts of the agencies responsible for the various initiatives under the prosperity and security pillars of the SPP. If an agency were to decide a regulatory change is desirable through the cooperative efforts of SPP, that agency is required to conform to all existing U.S. laws and administrative procedures, including an opportunity to comment.

Myth: The U.S section of the SPP is headed by the Department of Commerce.
Fact: The SPP is a White House-driven initiative. In the United States, the Department of Commerce coordinates the ‘Prosperity’ component, while the Department of Homeland Security coordinates the ‘Security’ component. The Department of State ensures the two components are coordinated and are consistent with U.S. foreign policy.

Myth: The U.S. Government, working though the SPP, has a secret plan to build a "NAFTA Super Highway."

Fact: The U.S. government is not planning a NAFTA Super Highway. The U.S. government does not have the authority to designate any highway as a NAFTA Super Highway, nor has it sought such authority, nor is it planning to seek such authority. There are private and state level interests planning highway projects which they themselves describe as "NAFTA Corridors," but these are not Federally-driven initiatives, and they are not a part of the SPP.

Myth: The U.S. Government, through the Department of Transportation, is funding secretive highway projects to become part of a “NAFTA Super Highway”.

Fact: Many States in the American Midwest are proposing or undertaking highway projects to improve or build roads as Federal-aid and State or private sector revenue becomes available. All projects involving Federal-aid funds or approvals are subject to normal Federal-aid requirements, such as review under the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA), including public involvement. This public involvement, the common thread among all these activities, makes them anything but “secret.” In addition, Congress directs Department of Transportation funding for specific highway projects.

The Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) will continue to cooperate with the State transportation departments as they build and upgrade highways to meet the needs of the 21st century. Rather than evidence of a secret plan to create a NAFTA Super Highway that would undermine our national sovereignty, the FHWA’s efforts are a routine part of cooperation with all the State transportation departments to improve the Nation’s highways.

Myth: U.S. Government officials sponsored a secret SPP planning meeting in Banff, Alberta in September 2006.

Fact: The U.S. Government did not sponsor the meeting in Banff. The North American Forum, a private initiative that is separate from the U.S. Government, hosted the September 12-14, 2006 conference “Continental Prosperity in the New Security Environment.” Academics, businesspersons, private citizens, and government officials from the U.S., Mexican, and Canadian governments attended the conference. The North American Forum is not a product of the SPP.

Myth: The SPP will cost U.S. taxpayers money.

Fact: The SPP is being implemented with existing budget resources. Over the long-term, it will save U.S. taxpayers money by cutting through costly red tape and reducing redundant paperwork. This initiative will benefit the taxpayers through economic gain and increased security, thereby enhancing the competitiveness and quality of life in our countries.

Myth: The working groups and SPP documents are a secret and not available to the public.

Fact: The SPP’s initiatives and milestones with timelines can be found by clicking the Report to Leaders link at www.spp.gov. The Web site contains a section to enable interested persons to provide input directly to the various working groups.

Myth: The SPP seeks to lower U.S. standards through a regulatory cooperation framework.

Fact: The framework will support and enhance cooperation and encourage the compatibility of regulations among the three partners while maintaining high standards of health and safety. Any regulatory changes will require agencies to conform to all U.S. administrative procedures, including an opportunity to comment. Enhanced cooperation in this area will provide consumers with more affordable, safer, and more diversified and innovative products.

Myth: The SPP is meant to deal with immigration reform and trade disputes.

Fact: Immigration reform is a legislative matter currently being debated in Congress and is not being dealt with in the SPP. Likewise, trade disputes between the United States, Canada, and Mexico are resolved in the NAFTA and WTO mechanisms and not the SPP.

Myth: The SPP will result in the loss of American jobs.

Fact: The SPP seeks to create jobs by reducing transaction costs and unnecessary burdens for U.S. companies, which will bolster the competitiveness of our firms globally. These efforts will help U.S. manufacturers, spur job creation, and benefit consumers.

Myth: The SPP will harm our quality of life.

Fact: The SPP improves the safety and well-being of Americans. It builds on efforts to protect our environment, improves our ability to combat infectious diseases, such as avian influenza, and ensures our food supply is safe through the exchange of information and cooperation ─ improving the quality of life for U.S. citizens. Americans enjoy world class living standards because we are engaged with the world.

Myth: The SPP creates a NAFTA-plus legal status between the three countries.

Fact: The SPP does not seek to rewrite or renegotiate NAFTA. It creates no NAFTA-plus legal status.
http://www.spp.gov/myths_vs_facts.asp

Hey mabudon, isn't the CD one cent higher than the USD?

I saw in the news that the CD had become the same value as the US dollar, mostly because of the housing slump here, said the paper.

Yep, it has been fluctuating around the parity mark for the last week- hasn't been equal since 1976 I do believe, and the deal is, it's the plummeting US economy (and I'm not gonna argue about "the economy is strong", the collapse of the sub-prime loan dealios is gonna HURT over the next few years down there, this is just the beginning) and NOT the strength of our economy in particular

Finch- the "myth vs fact" stuff is actually carefully made propaganda, much of it is only half-true or is mis-matching fact and myth, like the "sovreignty" question- in truth, we've already handed over regulatory "sovreignty" under the SPP- this past winter, our country was FORCED to raise the aceptable amount of pesticides in produce- our "over restrictive" guideline was branded a "trade irritant" (notice the Orwellian thing going on here??) and we were forcedto raise the bar to match other countries- this was done QUIETLY and without debate, since it was mandated by the SPP which is NOT for discussion in our government- the evidence can be seen in the current Federal situation in Canada. Our conservative PM has decided to delay parliament and in fact prorogued it- what THAT means is that al of the stuff that was working its way through our legislature etc was automatically dropped and when the new session opens (which keeps getting puched back, oddly) there has to be action by the members and the siotting government to re-introduce anything they wish to continue on.

Still with me?? Good- see, the ONE piece of legislation which is NOT coming back from the dead is this silly garbage called the "Clean Air Act" (sound familiar?? it should!!) Due to the fact that our government is a minority currently, the act as proposed by the Conservatives was subjected to alterations by the rest of the government. My THEORY is that the modifications were NOT going to fly with the SPP and offend his corporate masters, there's realy no other excuse to do what he's doing, and the fact that the "Clean Air Act" is the ONLY thing not returning is highly suspect.

Not being able to make your own regulations is kinda like not having sovreignty, no??

I'll find links if you'd like. It's a bad deal- locally it has started smashing stuff up as well, but that's another 20 pages of blathering :D

Back