What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Little Lizard didn't eat today & is molting

Hey folks, just a quick question about my little Brown Anole.
I put about 5 crickets in his terrarium yesterday and they're still hopping around today but I notice that he's scrubbing his molting skin off on the driftwood. I remember he was very light colored yeterday before I left for work. Is it normal for them to not eat while molting? my books dicuss molting and them eating the molt skin but not about them not eating other food til the molting is over, so it's left me curious. He molted once before but back then I was feeding him fruit flies so I could never tell if he was eating all of them or not until I would actually see him catch them. Til now he's been a real good eater getting 5 or 6 1/4" crickets everyday.

Any ideas? Any reason to be worried?

Not really. I mean, not yet atleast.

I wouldnt worry if I was you, my leopard gecko will not eat when she sheds. I would assume it is because they save room in their stomach for the shed skin. I would say give your anole 24-48 hours and if it doesnt start eating again then I would start to worry.

Thanks folks! I'll keep an eye on him!

If it's having trouble shedding you should spray it with water. I would think that your humidity is ok but a little spray wouldn't hurt.

I mist the tank twice a day unless I'm at work then it's just once before I leave

He's chowin tonight! Ate the crix that were in there this morning and at least half of the additional 5 I put in this afternoon when I saw the others were gone.

Back