What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hot Air Balloon Ride - Pics

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
My wife and I have been talking about taking a hot air balloon ride for some time.
I’ve been saving my money and for an anniversary present this year we finally got to go on one.
I was a little mad that I forgot to take my GPS with me, but the pilot had one on the balloon.

We took off from Lake Redman.
Picture-8031.jpg

Picture-8033.jpg

Picture-8035.jpg

Picture-8037.jpg

We skimmed the top of the water.
Picture-8043.jpg

Picture-8048.jpg

Picture-8058.jpg

Picture-8063.jpg

We where heading north. This is when we where the highest. The pilot said that we where around 1200’.
Picture-8080.jpg

Picture-8084.jpg

Picture-8097.jpg

We where not alone in the sky.
Picture-8140.jpg

Picture-8148.jpg

Picture-8157.jpg

We where flying over York. Things looked a bit familiar. I realized I was floating over where I work.
Picture-8162.jpg

Picture-8163.jpg

Picture-8170.jpg

Picture-8172.jpg

Picture-8175.jpg

I hope to take another ride again.

I might add some pics from the ground that my parents where taking while we floated away. I just need to get them from their camera.

awsome stuff dude!

always seemed like fun!

good for you guys! :)

Awesome! I love the pictures with the balloon shadow on the ground. Don't drop your camera! I won a hot-air balloon ride in a raffle when I was real young. I want to go one again someday. Thanks for sharing! Glad you had a good time.

xvart.

That was really cool. I'd love to do that.

Did you happen to get any pics of the goodyear warehouse in York?

So cool! How long was the entire trip?

Looks like fun!...It reminds me of the ending scene of Willy Wonka, when they're flying over the neighboorhood in an elevator lol!

-Gabe

elgecko, I'm from SE PA as well. Paoli to be exact. I think my dad actually took us on a hot air balloon ride with the same company, because I remember that van as well as the front yard we took off from.

Hope you had fun! I know we did, landing was a little scary though.

That was really cool. I'd love to do that.

Did you happen to get any pics of the goodyear warehouse in York?
There is nothing left of it. It burnt down to the ground some time ago. They said it was from poor electrical wiring.

joossa,
The trip was around an hour long.

Hydrotropism,
Landings = controlled crash. LOL

I knew I posted pics from a balloon festival some time ago. I dug up the post, back in 2005. LOL
http://www.terraforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98467

I think it would be really neat to launch with a bunch of other balloons like the festival pics.
The fourth picture, top right hand corner was the balloon we where in.

The company is Windjammer Balloons. He is the gentleman that sets up the festivals here in York.
http://www.windjammerballoons.com/

There is nothing left of it. It burnt down to the ground some time ago. They said it was from poor electrical wiring.
That's impossible because I wired it.

:confused:

:down:

:jaw:

:oops:

LOL, I knew I must have told you since you said that, because I have never had anything burn down. I had a big explosion in a walmart once, but it didn't burn down.

Great photos!

I went on a hot air ballon ride at Jackson Hole, Wyoming with a friend of mine. We were only about 500 feet up when she spotted a red fox running through a field. He was running like crazy trying to get away from the big bird in the sky. With the Grand Teton Mountains as a backdrop, it was spectacular.
After we landed, the pilot set up a traditional Champagne and cheese snack while the "tenders" packed up the balloon.
I would do it again in a heartbeat.

:-))

Wow...that is awsome. I don't know if I could do that though. I'm not keen on heights but it kinda depends on the situation.

Great photos!!

Pak, did your house burn down?

:censor:

Thanks for the comment.

Lauderdale,
When we came in for our landing, we scared a bunch of deer out. They did not know which way to go. LOL
It is customary to have the Champagne and cheese snack afterwards.

Pak, did your house burn down?

:censor:

Does that mean that you did electrical work there? :lac: Only a matter of time.

It is only a matter of time but it will not be my fault.

No I think Ozzy burnt my house down, i knew I shouldn't have had him wire my stereo. My mom has wanted to go on hot air balloon rides for ages, just haven't found any place that does it.

The best view from a hot air balloon...
P9079173.jpg

Close-up.
P9079180.jpg

I was seriously waving from the balloon! :crazy:
P9079104.jpg

WOW, I definitely wouldn't be in that balloon! I could see riding in one thats ten feet off the ground. :jester:

Back