What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm so proud of myself!

seedjar

Let's positive thinking!
So, this is kind of silly, but I'm quite pleased with my resourcefulness. There's a retail development near my house that recently installed a bunch of landscaping (quite poorly, I might add.) Anyways, next to the heap of unplanted pots of shrubs, one of the stetches of grass was strewn with half-gallon tall-sized nursery pots, which I decided to nab as I was heading home from work the other day. Then, on the way back to my car I found a bunch of five-gallon pots by the dumpster as well. All total I got about fifty - a stack of each that comes up to my chest. Enough to put every one of my outdoor plants into a bigger pot, once I go buy a few bricks of peat. Keep your eyes out! I could've paid $3 for each of these pots at the nursery down the road. There are a lot of great freebies around if you're paying attention.
Anybody else have any good found item stories? I'm wondering where I can find used pond liners from when people decide to get rid of their ponds.
~Joe

I once got a 30 gallon long terrarium for free from a guy on freecycle.com
I also commonly get pots from people in my neighborhood... haven't bought a pot yet.

Hey nice find, some times I head over to two of the cemeteries in town and look in the garbage cans located all over the place were the person mows the lawn throws them away and get really nice pots some times, kinda strange but its resourceful.

Great find!

My crowning glory was a 75 gallon tank (or was it 90?) that my father in law found on the side of the road for garbage day. He picked it up for me - bad back and all!

I should only hope for a 90 gallon tank by the road... that's well over a hundred dollar item. freecycle is a good tip, I rarely think to check them. I do browse craigslist though, and there are a few good opportunities there.
~Joe

Back